Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Want Wednesday: February 15, 2012

I've been thinking about possible art for the new house, so this week is themed to art that fits the feel I Want in my home... (You know, pending T's taste as well, of course.)

**I love how serene this one is. I'm not sure where it would go though. There's no red in the master bedroom. And the grey-blue background wouldn't lend itself to the living room decor. Maybe in the guest bedroom?
"Winter Plum"



**I really like this one. It might do well in the dining room, which is actually one big room with the living room. But the living room walls are painted red and eventually I would like the dining room walls to be a warm tan, which I think would contrast well with the red. (Right now, they are just a plain "builder's white.")  At any rate, the red in this piece would be one more way that the living room and dining room can play nicely together, I think.
"Sunset Tuscany"


**Now this is closer to the master bedroom colors--soft, muted, relaxing. I actually think these two separate pieces would work well together too. But would it be weird to have wintry art up year round? In Florida? Or would it just be cozy and a nod to our northeastern roots (Connecticut for me, Pennsylvania for T)? Or should that even matter so long as *we* like it? I do know that most tropical themes just aren't my taste though...
"Outside of Bally"

"Breaking Light"


**This is a bit more abstract than I am typically drawn to but I love how warm it feels. I wonder if this would work in the living room area or if it would be too dark up against all that red? I suppose it would be another option to consider for the dining room area...
"Red Skies at Night"



**I have no idea where this would work, but gosh, I think it's pretty. It even overrules my usual aversion to tropical or beach themes.
"Seashore"


**The colors in this one just amaze me...
"Touch the Wind"


**I could see this one in either bedroom or in the living room. I look at it and feel a sense of awe and a sense of peace simultaneously. That makes me happy. This is one of my very favorite pieces that I stumbled upon.
"Sunrise in the Mountain"


**The sense of quiet motion in this one appeals to me. It makes me want to sit still and listen.
"Hymn an Autumn"


**And this is my very favorite one of all. I love that it's Autumn. And the lighter tones make me think it would do well in the living room on the dark walls without losing its warmth.
"A Secret Pond"


Just dreaming and musing. Who knows what we'll actually end up with over time...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP