Thursday, September 1, 2011

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: August 2011

A photo of me:
Ummm...

1) Candle scents this month:
Honeydew Melon. Mountain Lake. Kiwi Berries.

2) What I am reading this month:
Still reading Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand). Closing in on the last part though!

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Some People," by Leann Rimes. "I Just Call You Mine," by Martina McBride. "Edge of Desire," by John Mayer.

4) Movies I saw:
No time for movies. It's baseball season!

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
The Jacoby Ellsbury walkoff home run on August 3, even though I cringed as they beat the heck out of him when he reached home plate.

6) Something yummy I made:
I made some very tasty cinnamon crumb coffee cake. Lasted me a whole week for my mid-morning snack!

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Miller's Ale House. Boston Lobster Feast. Five Guys. Aloha Isle. The Terrace Grill.

8) Five things I am loving this month:
1. Marco Rubio's speech on the Senate Floor: "If my house is on fire, I can't compromise about which part of the house I'm going to save. You save the whole house or it will all burn down." 2. The Red Sox "clinching" the season series against the Yankees for 2011, taking ten of the first 12 games played! 3.Lists. 4. The Red Sox bats! Wow!! 5. The fact that I can play my iPod through my car stereo.

9) A goal I had for this month:
To not wilt from the never-ending Summer?

10) This month I looked forward to:
Not much, really. It was kind of a low-key month.

11) Something I want to be thankful for this month:
I feel extremely fortunate that, in the present economy, my employer is thriving.

12) A photo I took this month:
I *know* I took photos in August. They cannot possibly still be on my camera...could they?

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP