Saturday, October 1, 2011

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: September 2011

A photo of me:



1) Candle scents this month:
Vanilla Lime. Midsummer's Night. Bahama Breeze. Sea Harbor. Black Cherry. Midnight Cove. Tropical Fruit. Orange Dreamsicle. Tahitian Tiare Flower. Mango Peach Salsa. Evening Air.

2) What I am reading this month:
Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand).

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"Fall" by Kepano Green. "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley. "Feels Like Tonight" by Daughtry.

4) Movies I saw:
Hall Pass--and may I say that I was *totally* scandalized!

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
Jacoby Ellsbury's inside-the-park home run on September 19, which may or may not be the highlight of a very bleak September for the Red Sox.

6) Something yummy I made:
Baked Summer Squash. It's good to have new ways to change up the usual veggie side dishes.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Bob Evans. Miller's Ale House.

8) Five things I am loving this month:
1. Mint.com 2. New tv! 3. The Grocery IQ app I downloaded onto my iPod for my grocery list. 4. The way the Patriots came out of the gate, guns blazing. 5. Pumpkin spice muffins from Dunkin. Mmmm...

9) A goal I had for this month:
To use up some of the baking mixes that have been living in my pantry for a while. I managed to successfully make some brownies. I still have a few things left to use though. It's still too hot to do much baking.

10) This month I looked forward to:
New tv!!

11) Something that made me cry this month:
We went to see the Red Sox play in Tampa on September 11. They did a really moving tribute to the lives lost ten years ago. Stood there with tears dripping off my face, because I had one hand over my heart & the other waving the United States flag they handed out to all fans on their way into the stadium. I laughed at that same game as well. Who knew Alfredo Aceves was so quirky?? We sat behind the Red Sox "bullpen" & couldn't stop watching his antics! (Lucky for us, since the game itself was another reason to cry.)

12) A photo I took this month:

Pumpkin Spice muffins from Dunkin. Delicious beyond belief.

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, October 03, 2011 11:40:00 AM  

I've been using Grocery IQ for a while---I love it too!!!

Gail Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:26:00 PM  

I need to find that grocery app for my ipod! But it usually won't work at the store, no wireless :(

Jeanne Saturday, October 08, 2011 4:34:00 PM  

So glad to see you got your Pumpkin Muffins from DD. : ) And isn't Black Cherry just one of the best candles!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP