Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Right Now: October 5, 2011

Outside my window... it is sunny, warm & breezy. It's still in the mid80s, but something has changed since that cool front came through over the weekend. The air feels different. The humidity has decreased and the heat is no longer unbearable. I think I might be able to make it until the return of the 70s after all...

I am thinking... it's a good thing my hair grows quickly because my stylist really missed the mark on what I was asking for this past Saturday. ::cringe::

I am thankful for... the few days of cooler weather we had over the weekend. As I said, it *might* be enough to get me through the rest of Summer October, when more comfortable temperatures (should) finally arrive.

I am wearing... jeans, a short-sleeved button down (white with stripes in various shades of green and a gold thread woven through very subtly) with a green tank underneath and my brown heeled boots.

I am creating... the plan of attack for my next culinary trip around the world!

I am going... to cut out last Sunday's coupons and file them away tonight, even if it kills me.

I am reading... the fifth chapter (Part Three) of Atlas Shrugged, and some magazines that need to be read and recycled!

I am hoping... a cup of cold water materializes on my desk. I don't feel like going to get one for myself. I may have to get over that if I don't want to stay thirsty though.

I am hearing... some kind of machinery-created noise from the shop and someone walking around upstairs.

Around the house... Halloween decorations have emerged!

One of my favorite things... a good discussion among friends in which we may all have slightly different opinions, but everyone speaks respectfully.

I don't understand... how Red Sox ownership managed to avoid "seeing" the clubhouse issues for TWO YEARS. They are either too preoccupied with all their other business ventures to pay attention or they are just downright ignorant. I don't know which is worse.

I wish... I were taking a nap on a hammock in the shade, with a book open across my chest & a cool beverage nearby.

A few plans for the rest of the week... would be watching the MLB playoffs (have to get in as much baseball as I can before the long Winter ahead!), maybe squeezing in a few minutes of regular tv-viewing to free some space on the DVR,a nd of course, Food and Wine Fest: Round Two on Saturday!

A picture to share...

I am loving the theme unobtrusive, yet perfectly fitting, theme of this year's Food and Wine Fest!

1 with their own thoughts:

Janet Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:10:00 AM  

I love your favorite things :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP