Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Sing in the Car: October 11, 2011

Nope, not a playlist this time. Instead, some lyrics I especially love that played on my way into work this morning. Lyrics I sing along with every time I hear them. 


Just ask him how he made it 
He'll tell you faith and sweat 
And the heart of a faithful woman 
Who never let him forget 

Be a best friend, tell the truth 
And overuse "I love you" 
Go to work, do your best 
Don't outsmart your common sense 
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy 
And love like crazy 

Always treat your woman like a lady 
Never get to old to call her baby 
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy 
And love like crazy
(from "Love Like Crazy," Lee Brice)

So much is made of "grand romantic gestures," and while they are momentarily nice, I would trade them all for "regular everyday love" like this. The kind of love that is real. The kind of advice that forms the building blocks of a solid relationship. The kind of love that greets you in the morning, giving you a grateful heart, and will welcome you home at the end of the day into the comfortable warmth of its reliability.

You know, the kind of love I count as a blessing in my life every single day. So, I sing along and I smile.

1 with their own thoughts:

Mega Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:00:00 PM  

Agreed, I'd much rather do the day to day lovey stuff than some grand romantic gesture.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP