Monday, April 18, 2011

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: March 2011

A photo of me:
The least "scary" (you're welcome?) of the incision photos from 18 hours post-op.


1) Candle scents this month:
Red Berry & Cedar. Pumpkin Pie. Cinnamon Stick.

2) What I am reading this month:
American Wife (Curtis Sittenfeld). Baby Proof (Emily Giffin). About halfway through Firefly Lane (Kristin Hannah.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
"What Do You Want From Me?" Jerrod Neimann. "Hello World," Lady Antebellum. "Come Away With Me," Norah Jones.

4) Movies I saw:
Juno. Social Network. The Book of Eli. Winter's Bone.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
"The Fragile Beast" (Harry's Law) really impacted me. I keep thinking about when she says "Men are fragile beasts, aren't they?" I think we forget sometimes... And I also officially got sucked into Mad Men (thank you, Nichole!) and managed to watch Seasons One and Two in under two weeks.

6) Something yummy I made:
I didn't make a heck of a lot of anything, but Nichole stuffed me full of homemade chocolate chip cookies and scones and strawberry shortcake and sweet potato chili.

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Golden Corral. Hillstone. The Firkin & Hound. Akamaru. Haven Gastropub.

8) Something I am thankful for:
A completely successful surgery with zero complications, minimal discomfort, an outstanding surgeon and lots of people who love me to take care of me while I recovered.

9) A goal I had for this month:
Oh, gee, waking up from surgery? ;-)

10) This month I looked forward to:
Getting my surgery behind me. And spending some time with my California "family."

11) Something I want to remember about this month:
My imagination is always far worse than reality.

12) A photo I took this month:
Beautiful flowers from my very thoughtful friend, Giuseppina!

4 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:43:00 PM  

OK - that picture...ew!! I'm glad you are healed and better though!!!!

And wow you are doing some hardcore reading right now!!!

penuttpie Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:26:00 PM  

I have Emily Giffin's book that is being turned into a movie...but I've never actually read it. Maybe I should get on that.
So so glad you are feeling better! I hope things go well this weekend too.
The flowers look gorgeous in that picture!!! Glad you enjoyed them ;)

Anonymous,  Monday, April 25, 2011 7:36:00 PM  

Yeowch! I had surgery this year too. Funny how stitches look bad no matter what angle you take them at. Hope all is well!

*Btw I changed my blog address and email address but happy to have found your blog again! :)

Layla

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP