Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Grace in Small Things 293:365

1. increased storage (from 10GB to 80GB for the same $20/year) from Google for my Picasa Web Albums (where i store all my photos online). i really love the whole Picasa system & how freaking easy it is to use. this increased storage just makes me love it that much more.

2. December Good Housekeeping. have i mentioned how much i love magazines?

3. my new mini food processor. it is so cute! and helpful! and did i mention cute?

4. Tek finally accepted his player option. i really want him to retire in a Sox uniform. and i kinda hope he does so after this season. maybe move into the coaching side of things, where his baseball knowledge can continue to benefit the Sox.

5. catching up on Private Practive thanks to my trusty DVR.


Visit Grace in Small Things

6 with their own thoughts:

Valerie Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:15:00 PM  

I need to think about upgrading mine.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:20:00 PM  

Valerie: Seriously! They still offer 10GB only for $5/year instead of $20. I am keeping the $20 rate & taking the additional storage. I was at 33% usage at 10GB (12,500+ photos) and now I am at 4%. I love that they are all safely backed up with the touch of a button in Picasa. And I love that I can go to my Web Albums & get the code right there to embed a photo I've uploaded into a post without uploading it again. It's so easy! And I am pretty sure it will take me a long long time to fill up 80GB of space, even at the pace *I* take photos. LOL!

kreed Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:09:00 PM  

Hmmmmm. You have just about sold me on Picasa. Can you edit there? and do they print photos? I have a photo editing and storage program that I am currently using that I really like, but do always worry about the pictures since I don't back up as often as I should on the external hard drive.

I have yet to use my mini food processor that I have had for two years. I don't know why...it just seems hard to use and clean for the small jobs that will fit into it! I obviously need to get over it and start using it!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:59:00 PM  

kreed: Picasa can edit & there is a button that will give you a bunch of printing options, both from your home printer or you can sync up with Shutterfly & a bunch of other photo printing sites. I do my basic editing there although if I have more indepth editing I want to do, I use Picnik; it will make slideshows & collages too. What I like about Picasa is that all I have to do is hit one button every time I create a new photo folder & it will always sync that folder up with my Web Albums, any time I add more photos to that folder or make any edits--instant brainless backup! It's very user-friendly. You can actually download Picasa for free to test it out & you get 1GB of free storage to start, to see if you like it. It's easy to share the photos or make some albums private & viewable by invitation only. If you give it a look & have any questions, feel free to ask me. I've been using it since Picasa was in beta & Web Albums didn't even exist yet!

Unknown Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:43:00 PM  

Yea!!!
Tek is back!!!
Can't even fathom the thought of the Bo'sox with out him!!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:10:00 PM  

I got my Good Housekeeping the other day and started to look at it, then put it down and haven't gone back. Must remedy that :)

I tell Tim all the freaking time - how on EARTH did we ever live without the DVR? We never watch live any more, either later that night or the next day with NO commercials. Hard to remember what we ever did before the DVR!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP