Monday, January 21, 2008

the long & short of it.

while this game made me very happy...


(photos from Yahoo! Sports)

...this game did not. this game made me very sad...

...because i am not ready to see no more photos like this.
i am very afraid he will blame himself too much for the NFC title game & forget all that he did to get them that far, and if he thinks too much... =(

so anyway. 1) i guess i'm glad the Patriots got their poorly played game out of the way yesterday, because i will not be able to stomach the Lesser Doofus Spawn celebrating again in two weeks and 2) i officially hate Eli as much as i do Peyton. (before yesterday's game, Eli just annoyed me because he was a whiny little brat.) oh & is anyone else buying that Peyton didn't attend the NFC Championship game because he didn't want to jinx his younger brother? yeah, me neither.


oh yeah. one more thing. if someone asks you which underdog you think has a better chance of winning -- San Diego or New York -- and you say New York, does it make any sense when they ask you who you're picking to win the games to reply San Diego & Green Bay? someone might want to point that out to "Coach" Ditka. just sayin'.

11 with their own thoughts:

Ingrid Monday, January 21, 2008 12:48:00 PM  

The pep talks are pretty funny. Scott and I spent a little while playing around with with the ones you can customize.

I'm sad about the GB game too.

Reverend Ref + Monday, January 21, 2008 1:38:00 PM  

Well, this DOES make it easier to root for the Pats in two weeks.

Anonymous,  Monday, January 21, 2008 3:27:00 PM  

I understand your pain...but for me, I'm WAY excited to see the Giants in the Super Bowl (ignoring Eli) cuz I grew up with the Giants. My dad was a HUGE fan...I have pics of where he'd have me and my bro all dressed up in our Giants teeshirts and sweatshirts with pendants and hats etc. Too cute. So even though I am rooting for the PATS, I feel like my Dad will be looking down and smiling this Super Bowl! :-)

marianne Monday, January 21, 2008 5:33:00 PM  

Congrats on the win... you know I'm no Giants fan, so I'll be rooting for the Pats...

Ted D Monday, January 21, 2008 6:15:00 PM  

Dawn, I'm like you. Sad to see Farve come that close and not get it done. Thought he had it when they won the toss in OT, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Here's to perfection come 13 days from now.

Brian in Oxford Monday, January 21, 2008 7:32:00 PM  

I'm not a big Eli fan, but he doesn't do anything to piss me off at all, unlike big bro.

Although ya gotta admit, is it fair that Peyton got the looks AND the QB ability? Eli is pretty ugly....is there a pep talk for something like that?

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 21, 2008 10:10:00 PM  

Ingrid: This most recent one was by far my favorite.

Rev: I was so hoping to be able to root for both teams, but that was not the way it happened. Now I am hoping that Eli meets the business end of the NE D.

Em: Me too. =(

April: Eli Manning must pay. No good comes from a Manning. =P

Marianne: I am no Giants fan & no Manning fan. I didn't think it was possible for me to root harder for the Patriots but apparently I can. =P

Ted: I'll raise you a champagne toast to *that*. ;-)

Brian: I will forgive you for not knowing this, being a guy & all, but Peyton did *not* get blessed with any looks. Trust me on this. Pretty is something no Manning will ever know. I wish you could actually see my Peyton imitation.

Mimi: Terribly so. The two things (not called John Madden & Joe Buck) that I cannot stand in football are Patriots losses & Favre losses.

Bart Monday, January 21, 2008 10:17:00 PM  

1) Do you think they filmed that Priceless Pep Talk ahead of time, and told Peyton they'd air it after the season was totally over (I don't see his relative sense of humor going that far at his own expense), or did they rush film that one?

2) As much as I'm happy for you with the Pats, and kinda bummed because when Baltimore didn't have a team I followed the Pack and still kinda do, i really am getting tired of the Boston/NY thing. Thank God it won't be happening in the NBA in the near future, or ESPN would be even more unbearable.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 21, 2008 10:22:00 PM  

Bart: I am banking that Peyton filmed that one thinking it wouldn't be aired til after the Super Bowl. =P I am truly sad about Green Bay. Enough so that part of me is not really enjoying the Patriots victory yet. There are a few people who will scream blasphemy when I say this but I actually would have been rooting a little more for Brett if he'd gone to the Super Bowl, because his chances are limited while the Patriots organization will have a shot (in theory anyway, just as any team does on opening day) for as long as they exist. And I really really did not want to see another Boston/NY match up either. Believe it or not, we get tired of it too.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP