Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stream of Consciousness: January 22, 2012

I love that on the weekends, T makes the bed. Without ever being asked. And he does it just the way I like it. (Even though I suspect he thinks I am a little ridiculous for caring so much.)

I really like the Aveeno shave gel I switched to recently. But it smells *exactly* like these date-filled cookies with a cherry on top that my Gram used to make. I will never not find that weird.

The Patriots played for the AFC Championship today. The game was a classic nail-biter, one they probably won thanks to a bit of bad luck for the Ravens kicker missing a field goal that would have tied it and sent the game to overtime. After that kind of intensity, the last thing I wanted--even less than I wanted it before--was to have a replay of the Super Bowl from the 2007-2008 season. But the Giants and 49ers went to overtime in their game, and the Giants kicker did not pull the ball wide, setting up a Super Bowl rematch I could have lived without. I'll probably need to self-medicate to get through the Super Bowl in two weeks.

On a happier note, pitchers and catchers will be reporting to Fort Myers in 28 days. I can almost smell the hot dogs and Cracker Jack now!

It's going to be in the 80s all week. I know I live in Florida, but for Pete's sake. Could I at least have the pleasure of some low 70s and call it Winter? Because 80? Is *not* Winter.

4 with their own thoughts:

Reverend Ref + Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:44:00 AM  

Yes, those were some seriously good games. Although I'm annoyed with all the talking heads about how Billy Cundiff lost the game for the Ravens. He did no such thing. Had he made that kick, we're looking at overtime. And I'm not convinced that the Patriots still don't win.

Anyway . . . great games, as you would expect for Championship Sunday. And now we get a rematch of the Super Bowl the Pats should have won. I'm looking forward to it and hoping Brady & Co. take this one.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:35:00 AM  

Rev: I agree wholeheartedly. I thought for sure that ball was going through. And the way Tommy Golden Boy played, I was not entirely sure my team was going to be celebrating. I am *terrified* of this rematch.

penuttpie Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:44:00 PM  

Check this out...where I live it was in the 50s on Monday and in the 80s today! Blech

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:36:00 AM  

G: See? You could totally live here. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP