Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Want Wednesday: March 25, 2012

**I am sort of obsessed with little individual sized baking dishes. I mean, what's not to love about little casseroles or pot pies for each person at the table? They are so *cute*. Now that I've seen them, I Want a set of Rachael Ray's Bubble and Brown Singles. In chocolate, please!


**I Want to test drive some new flatware. We have two (possibly three, maybe even four?) assorted sets, between the two of us, and none of them feel quite...right. It needs to be sturdy without being ugly. It needs to feel right in my hand (and T's). It needs to not cost a fortune (though I am willing to spend a little more on something that will last) and it needs to not be high maintenance (read: dishwasher safe is a must). And there need to be enough pieces to it--in other words, not just the place settings, but serving utensils as well, would be a nice plus.


**I have a thing for seasonally appropriate dishes. It's kind of impractical, really. Who needs that many dishes that should only be used for a few weeks each year? Although I have to admit that I have a stack of dishes in my cabinet right now, some with an autumn leaf impression, others with snowflakes, and we use them all year. And I am short one now, thanks to an oops by T about which I still tease him from time to time. So maybe it isn't *that* frivolous that I Want a couple of these Sweet Heart Plates from Crate & Barrel?


**For a while now, I have been trying to find dryer balls without much success. I Want to order a pair of these. Soon...


**I Want to know how it is possible that I missed that Method had Candy Cane scented dish soap! T prefers Dawn (awww! heh,), and even though I like Method, I am willing to compromise. So maybe he would have made a Christmas time exception for me? I suppose it doesn't matter now though.

3 with their own thoughts:

Ingrid Monday, January 30, 2012 12:25:00 AM  

I'm a sucker for seasonal dishes, too! I try to limit myself to a serving platter, cookie plate or candy dish here and there, but I would love to have a set for every holiday if I had the space for it! I think that's why I stick with Fiestaware. I can mix the colors according to occasion and throw in a couple of accent pieces here and there. Honestly though,mother thought of a full set of St Patrick's Day dishes or Halloween dishes makes me stupidly giddy.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 30, 2012 8:44:00 AM  

See? I *knew* I liked you, Ingrid!

Gail,  Monday, January 30, 2012 2:57:00 PM  

Those Rachael Ray pieces look fun. What?! There was a candy cane method dish soap, how did I miss that too! I would have gotten it for sure.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP