Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Want Wednesday: January 4, 2012

Gosh, it feels wrong to "want" right after such a bountiful Christmas! And yet...

**I Want some cookware that can go from stove top to oven. There are some recipes in my "draft file" that call for this step and I would be forced to transfer from a pan to an oven-safe baking dish. The Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick Deep Saute Pan with Lid, 13" is big enough and deep enough, and even the lid can be in an oven up to 450 degrees!


**And then there is this Emile Henry Flame Top 7-Quart Round Oven. I love that color of blue and the fact that it is not only safe to use on the stove and in the oven, but will also withstand the broiler! (For that price, though, I suspect this will be something I Want for a good long while.)


**For a while now, I have thought that an immersion blender would be a good tool to add to my kitchen. I've scoped out several different brands and models, but at the moment the Calphalon Electrics 3 in 1 Immersion Hand Blender, with its various tools is the one I Want.


**I Want to own this Rachael Ray Serving Platter. Sure, it could be used for its intended purpose of serving food, but it could also work as a tray for the coffee table, as the base for a centerpiece on the dining room table and who knows what else! Plus, that color red...


**I've been using the same flimsy pink plastic bowl for salads for probably the last seven years. I Want a "big girl" salad bowl. I like that this one is big and deep (and of course, red), as well as creating some visual interest, but I am torn, because the Rachael Ray Salad Bowl does not have a cover, which is a feature I've grown used to having...

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP