Thursday, January 5, 2012

Motivation.

Anyone who has ever grown out their hair understands the frustration. Especially if your hair has been pixie short for the better part of a decade, and up off your shoulders nearly two. The up-side is that my hair grows quickly, so the growing out process won't take a painful amount of time. The down-side is that my hair grows quickly, so it gets ridiculously shaggy between trim-and-reshape appointments.

I've noticed that my feelings on my hair during this process are cyclical. I have several tolerable days in a row, followed by a day or two of awful, and just when I have a good mind to call my stylist and scrap the whole plan, I have a great hair day. Lather, rise, repeat. (Ha. A hair-related joke. I am so clever.)

And so, every morning, when I break out my blow dryer and my hair wax and my hair spray and my brushes (I have had no use for a hairbrush in at least a dozen years and now I need two OMG), I also pull out the page I printed out. I lay it on the bathroom counter as I dry and finger style and fuss with my locks. Partially because this style is new, so I need the visual assistance in conquering this new style (or a modification of it, at this point, anyway)...and partially because I need the motivation of seeing "the prize," so I don't take a pair of scissors to my head in a fit of madness.



It better be worth this.

P.S. The upper right is the plan for the wedding. That's my other motivation.

2 with their own thoughts:

Reverend Ref + Friday, January 06, 2012 6:28:00 PM  

And just another reason to be a guy -- towel it dry, run a brush over it to tidy it up, and done.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 06, 2012 6:37:00 PM  

Rev: The style I had for the last decade was pretty much like that. It worked with the natural waves & cowlicks of my hair, so it was done in about 4 minutes! Not so anymore.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP