Sunday, December 16, 2007

that is the best bad dream i ever had

so. what am i doing blogging at this hour?

well. i woke up after having a really bad dream. if i have a bad enough dream, i get out of bed & do something to break the cycle. so i got up & started checking some random blogs i enjoy.

i saw something that made me want to check it out for myself, so i Blingo-ed it.

people. you see that little blue button over on the right sidebar there? the one right under my photo?

CLICK ON IT.
sign up.
right now.

why? well, if you don't know the concept of Blingo, it works like any other search engine. BUT you can win random prizes just by searching. Amazon.com gift certificates. Fandango movie tickets. all sorts of little fun things. they also have a special daily prize each day. it doesn't cost you anything. you don't get any spam or email from them at all. all you do is create a profile & sign in, then search just like you do when you use any other search engine. if you get selected, you will know it because you get a very special screen that tells you that you won. it's easy. it's free. and you might win something. what's not to like? even if you don't win anything, you *might* -- and that's not something your usual search engine can say, right?

i signed up back in May. i've never won anything from Blingo, but i still search using it, because there's always a chance.

the short of it: i just searched something completely random & won my choice of a brand new Dell computer or $750 cash. (i took the cash, in case you were wondering. i can pick out my own computer & have more control over what i'm getting, if the need arises, but my computer is working just fine right now.) and the cool part? if someone refers you & you win something, they win it too! (which is why you need to click my blue button over there so i will be listed as the person who invited you! LOL!)

go on. click that blue button & get yourself signed up.
then Blingo away people.

21 with their own thoughts:

*~*Michelle*~* Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:41:00 AM  

Let me the first to congratulate you!!!

*krystyn* Sunday, December 16, 2007 8:08:00 AM  

Wow - that's awesome!!! Let us know when you actually get the $$$ in the mail. I signed up when you mentioned the sight a while ago...but I never use it...I think I will now...

:-)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:48:00 PM  

That is so awesome! I am so very excited that you won, and that I won too! :) I am going to try to blog about it this afternoon... if I can catch my breath, LOL!

I hope you get your check soon, and have a blast spending the money. Merry Christmas!

gail@more than a song Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:53:00 PM  

HOW EXCITING! Stacy just called to tell me all about both of you, I can't believe it! I signed up a long time ago and quit using it because I was never winning and figured I never would....might have to rethink it.
I'm excited for you, how fun right here at Christmas too!

Ted D Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:45:00 PM  

Dawn, hopefully you got a nap in this afternoon to make up for being up at 3:45 in the morning.

Does that really work?

Mega Sunday, December 16, 2007 6:41:00 PM  

I could use $750 *strokes chin*

JMP Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:31:00 PM  

I had a dream that someone gave me some cookies.......when I awoke, alas..there were none.
Now THATS a bad dream!!!

Debi Monday, December 17, 2007 8:34:00 AM  

OMGosh! Congrats, Dawn! That is just too cool...and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

I'll definitely go sign up when I've got a few extra minutes.

Jeanne Monday, December 17, 2007 9:15:00 AM  

Wow that's amazing! Thank goodness for computers to have something "constructive" when we wake up at those ungodly hours. Did you see the Pats game or highlights? Funniest thing, whenever they scored the fans threw snow in the air. Looked really cool.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, December 17, 2007 9:39:00 AM  

Michelle: Thank you thank you thank you for being awake at 3am so I could actually tell someone!!

Krystyn: You can't win if you don't play! ;-)

Stacy: I am so glad we won too!! Merry Christmas to us!

Gail: I've wondered from time to time too, but then I figured that no matter what search engine I use, I will be getting the same search results, but Blingo is th only place I *might* win something too, so what does it hurt to always use it, ya know?

Ted: Totally works. Cross my heart. I know people who have won the smaller prizes they hand out daily. I assume they are also legit with their BIG daily prize too. And anyway, like I said to Gail, it's a search engine. If I'm going to use one anyway, why not use one that might win me a prize? ::shrugs::

Mega: So sign up already!! ;-) Ya never know! I sure didn't expect it!

JMP: I would share. Really I would. I love baking but it's hard for one person to *eat* all the baking before it gets stale. The funniest part is that I bet we're practically neighbors, especially if you're close enough to catch games at The Trop!

Debi: You are so sweet. I am glad that Stacy won too. The only thing better than a shocker like that at 3am is being able to email one of the nicest people you know & telling them they just won too! =)

Jeanne: Constructive, indeed!! LOL! I have a Patriots post coming up here, as soon as I get a few minutes where I can turn my shorthand notes into something that actually makes sense!

Scott Monday, December 17, 2007 10:04:00 AM  

So, what was the dream about? (I'm nosey like that.)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, December 17, 2007 10:52:00 AM  

Scott: Here's the thing. My winnings did the job perfectly because the dream was completely gone from memory! LOL! I know that it was the scary kind that wakes you up with your heart pounding but I have no recollection of any of the details, which is something I can usually do!

jenny Monday, December 17, 2007 10:57:00 AM  

Wheeeee!

$750.00??? The week before Christmas/your vacation?

Excellent!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, December 17, 2007 11:01:00 AM  

My sentiments & reaction *exactly*, Jenny! LOL!!

Anonymous,  Monday, December 17, 2007 5:14:00 PM  

O.M.G. No freaking way. That's awesome

JMP Monday, December 17, 2007 5:27:00 PM  

OK...no cookies....but I will congratulate you on your win!!!!

Cookies never get stale in this house..my kids are vultures!!! Most times I never even get any!!

We are going to have to meet sometime.

Maybe over at Disney, we will be getting season passes in a few months.
The kids cant wait to go back as we are quite bored with Universal.

I really miss Epcot.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:55:00 AM  

Nichole: I seriously almost fell out of my chair. I thought it couldn't be for real. But I know other people who have won (smaller) stuff on Blingo, so... I am guessing that the W-9 and the affidavit of eligibility that I had to fax to them yesterday is a pretty good indication that this is for real!! I am still in shock.

JMP: There is only one me. And I like cookies. But I can't eat 3 dozen *that* quickly. That would be really awesome to meet up sometime! I (obviously) have my annual pass -- can't imagine *not* having one! And I love love love Epcot. I've never been much of a Universal fan. I do have an annual pass to Busch Gardens & Sea World but I don't feel the pull to those like I do to WDW.

gail@more than a song Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:59:00 PM  

I'm still so in awe that y'all won!So whatcha gonna buy girlie!

Janet Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:04:00 PM  

Congrats!!! I've won a few times on blingo, and I've won through friends I've signed up! It's awesome :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP