Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Random Thoughts: December 12, 2007

**i really hate when people litter. i don't mean when a piece of paper or a wrapper drops to the ground without being noticed. i am sure i may have unintentionally & unknowingly had that happen to me at some point. what i am talking about are people who roll down their car windows while driving down the road & let go of a handful of fast food napkins. WTH. >=[

**if you've been reading here for any length of time, you know that one of the things i miss most about living in New England is Autumn. i thought of another while i was driving home last night. i miss the way lights look at night in the snow. the way houses look all lit up at night with the warm light spilling out of the their windows onto the snowdrifts. the way Christmas lights on trees & bushes look when they glow through the snow that has fallen on them. the way traffic lights shine out red & green on the softly falling snow. something so peaceful about that...

**ok, exactly how helpless do you have to be to ask someone else to put labels (the labels *they* already had to make for you, no less) onto the file folders? seriously.

**i am addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter Trees. just in case you were wondering.

**i went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party last night. i have now been to all three "hard ticket special events" that WDW offers. my assessment? the Pirates & Princesses Party has the best fireworks i have ever seen, no contest -- but the atmosphere is only so-so & the parade is just ok. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party has the best atmosphere by far, the parade is pretty good & so are the fireworks -- plus the trick-or-treating stops make it great if you bring kids! last night's party: mobbed to the point that you could barely walk. the parade was good but i can see the exact same parade if i go during the day one of the days surrounding Christmas. the fireworks were actually just... eh. the atmosphere was good, but that alone would not justify the price of admission for me. i am glad i went once. photos to follow...

**you wanna talk about good use of time? in order to get good seats for a Disney parade, especially on a sold out night event, you have to stake out your spot about an hour in advance. so i collected my complimentary cup of hot chocolate & settled down to wait. while i sat there, i broke out my Christmas cards & got them all signed & addressed! ha!

17 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:13:00 AM  

Dawn, the litter thing drives me nuts as well. Just too many thoughtless people in the world I guess.

I told my daughter about you last night and how you live so close to WDW: Thanks. Now she wants to move to Florida.

Good on 'ya for getting the Christmas cards done already: ours are sitting in the box waiting for my wife to do.

Be Nice! She won't let me do them because to call my hand writing illegible would be an insult to all the illegible hand writing in the world.

Nichole M Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:26:00 AM  

That's a good insight on the parties! I wonder what Disneyland would be like if they tried to do that. Hmmm... they would probably have to make CA Adventure be open for much longer.

Good job on the Christmas cards! I would never even have *thought* on bringing them with me! Plus I would have been too worried someone sitting next to me would have slimed them or something.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:39:00 AM  

Ted: LOL! Who wouldn't want to live practically *at* WDW? It is the one perk that trumps any of the "cons" to living in Florida! Oh & I know all about not letting guys touch Christmas cards. I did all the ones for my family ever since I was about nine years old, being the only girl in the family. =P

Nichole: Doesn't Disneyland do a Halloween event like this? I thought so anyway... I thought I was pretty smart, bringing along my cards! I was carrying a bag anyway so it was no hassle. And I was in a pretty out of the way spot. It worked out well. I would have put them away if someone questionable had plopped down next to me, but I sat next to a girl from just outside Boston who was at the party with her aunt that she was down here visiting. Her aunt was shopping while this girl held down their spots. I recognized her accent (and her use of the word 'wicked' LOL!) so we chatted while we sat there. =)

Ted D Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:42:00 AM  

What she doesn't know is I write poorly on purpose just to get out of stuff like that.

I only just LOOK dumb. ;)

Have a great day.

colleen Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:56:00 AM  

At least it was cold enough at night in Florida to want to grab a cup of hot chocolate, right? That's something!

I love random posts. Right now I'm eating a dried kiwi someone from work brought in. And I've just decided I don't like dried kiwis.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:44:00 PM  

Ooh, good posts, love the random and assorted ones! :)

We are totally against litter bugs too. Which is weird, because both mine and Tim's father have this habit of rolling down a car window and tossing out paper or something. It drives us both batty. We have to really watch what we say, since we do try to be respectful of our parents. But it's like - hey - don't litter!

Wow, hot chocolate in Florida? It was a balmy 80 here yesterday. I'm so ready for something cooler :) I've never seen New England in Autumn or at Christmas, but I bet it is gorgeous :)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:56:00 PM  

Ted: But I bet it hasn't occured to you that your wife is onto this little scheme & that she's just playing along, right? ;-)

Colleen: Hmmm... dried kiwi doesn't sound all that appealing to me either...

Stacy: It's been in the mid-80s for us for about a week now, after a brief tease of upper 60s & low 70s. It *was* in the mid-60s last night when I was at WDW though! ;-)

Janet Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:28:00 PM  

what a great idea, doing your cards!

I just ate two of those Reese's Peanut Butter Trees...YUM!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:02:00 PM  

Janet: Sometimes I surprise even myself with these great ideas. ;-) LOL! Hmmm... another Peanut Butter Tree? I think I will!

jenny Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:44:00 PM  

you totally deserve another peanut butter tree for the christmas card idea.

seventy three days until spring training?!?!?! really?

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:06:00 PM  

Jenny: That's right! 73 days til the first Spring Training game! Or... 61 days til pitchers & catchers report for those of us who need to feel that baseball is closer than it appears. ::sigh::

Jeanne Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:09:00 PM  

How about when the trees look like they did yesterday morning all frosty with ice? So pretty!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:37:00 PM  

Jeanne: That's so pretty too. The way the light from the sunrise makes the branches shine like the world is glazed with a million melted diamonds.

Ingrid Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:06:00 AM  

Oh man...those trees are so flipping good. The eggs are good to..just a massive blob of peanut butter encased in chocolate.

I'm sorry your missing New England :(

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:12:00 AM  

Ingrid: They are going to be the death of me. If I eat anymore of them, I am going to turn into one! And they just keep them coming! Hearts for Valentines Day. Eggs for Easter. Pumpkins for Halloween...

Lisa Carroll Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:18:00 PM  

**i am addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter Trees. just in case you were wondering.

Shaddup already.

:P

;)

gail@more than a song Friday, December 14, 2007 10:18:00 PM  

Reese's peanut butter trees, now I'm gonna be wanting that! Thank you very much!

And doing cards while waiting for the parade; you're just too organized!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP