Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Friday Five: August 22, 2006



The Name Game
July 28, 2006

1. Are you named after anyone? If so, explain.
i am not. i am just me.
2. Do you have your children's names picked out already? If so, is there any significance?
i don't think you can *really* do that until the opportunity presents itself. i do consider the names Meghan (what my dad wanted to name me) and Lauren (indirectly after my grandma's middle name of Florence) as girl names that i like but that's about as far as it goes.
3. If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name have been?
Luke or Zeke. also the names my brother Josh was supposed to be. i don't even know why my parents bothered picking out names in advance. i was supposed to be either Megan or Danielle.
4. If you could re-name yourself what name would you pick and why?
i used to wish it had been Megan or Danielle but to be honest, i'm pretty used to the one i've had for almost 30 years now. even if i *could* change it now, i don't think i would.
5. Are there any mispronunciations/typos that people do w/ your name constantly?
look at my first name. Dawn. you wouldn't *think* so. but i get a whole lot of people who call me or spell it 'Don'. i'm not a man, folks! i get even more typos & mispronunciations on my last name but i'm not very comfortable revealing THAT much information here.

August 4, 2006

1. How much time do you spend on the Internet daily?
oh Lord. let's not even talk about it. let's just say that i have cable connections both at work & at home so i am literally connected all the time.
2. What are your favorite 3 websites?
Bloglines. Blogger. Gmail.
3. Do you eat at your computer?
sometimes. more at work than at home because i eat lunch at my desk.
4. Pick one and why - Reading the news online or in a newspaper?
online. i can get breaking news right as it happens & my fingers don't get all black from newsprint.
5. How many people are on your instant messenger buddy list?
AIM: 27. Gmail Chat: 13 of which 7 are usually online during the day.

August 18, 2006

1. Do you really make wishes when you blow out the candles on your cake?
yes, i do. you don't pass up chances to make wishes...even if the way to actually get things done is to do it yourself. sometimes you just have to wish...
2. Have any of the wishes ever come true, if yes?
yes, they have.
3. How do you feel about birthdays? (e.g., love the attention, just another day, don't want anyone to know my real age, etc.)
it's just another day to me. i don't like excessive attention. i don't like when people make the waiters & waitresses sing to me. i do like attention from the people i care about. nothing extravagant though. and i couldn't care less who knows my age.
4. Tell us a favorite gift you've received, or something you'd really like for your next birthday.
i am never ever one of those people who talks about what she would like for her next birthday or for Christmas. i will if you absolutely drag it out of me, but i won't like it one little bit. the best birthday gift i have gotten to date is my Alison being flown in from CT to spend a long weekend at WDW with me--the best part was getting to show her The Magic for the very first time. you just don't get a better gift than giving that to one of your very best friends.
5. What flavor cake?
yellow with chocolate frosting. or chocolate with white frosting. or ice cream cake!

3 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:09:00 PM  

You *meant* to say you're not a *dude*, right?

Okay, so if I get you a present that you don't like, you'd return it for something useful, right? Cuz I'd be more offended if you kept a present and didn't use it than if you returned it. K? :-)

sue @ postcards from paradise falls Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:47:00 PM  

lol about your name... when i lived in pennsylvania the name "don" was pronounced "dawn". drove me insane!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP