Thursday, August 3, 2006

Dawn's Thursday Thiteen, edition 9: Are You Ready??




Thirteen Things That Make Me Ready for Some Football


1) Belichick press conferences. the man isn't intimidated by *anyone*, least of all the media & he never tells them more than he wants them to know, no matter how many times they badger him. for example, Belichick on Deion Branch's absence: "I'm here to talk about football, to coach the team. I'll talk about the players that are here this year."

2) Peyton Manning. or more specifically, commercials that make Peyton look ridiculous. =P

3) seeing teams head-to-head at the line of scrimmage like this:


4) Monday Night Football. new & improved with PTI's Tony Kornheiser. the man is mildly insane & has no patience for anyone. he's going to bring a whole new dimension to football commentary. perhaps one that doesn't include considering every play the most incredible ever witnessed & every player the all-time star of his position.

5) the start of football season means that the end of peak hurricane season is coming close behind.

6) Brett. Favre. one more time.

7) impossible catches. flawless drives down the field. high adrenaline moments when the ball crosses the goal line for a touchdown.

8) because what could be better than having the Red Sox on one channel & the Patriots on the other, so i can switch back & forth between the two?

9) simultaneous victories by the Patriots & the Red Sox

10) yet another sports-themed post to drive Michelle insane ::evil laugh:: she can only resist for so long. she did find herself sucked into the baseball trade deadline frenzy on Monday before she even knew what happened! >=]

11) fantasy football. if you haven't played, you don't understand.

12) seeing the Bucs lose. which is almost as satisfying as seeing the Yankees lose. *almost*.

13) i already mentioned Peyton Manning once but...i am also looking forward to seeing him take his fair share of hard hits. something satisfying about that, in the same way that i find great amusement in watching his younger brother, Eli, just run away. at least Peyton takes it like a man. until he cries. =P

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


9 with their own thoughts:

*~*Michelle*~* Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:47:00 AM  

:::eye roll:::

Coming soon to a TT Near You: 13 things Dawn can blog about other than sports....

Yeah, the trade thing was kind fun, though...
My Thursday Thirteen is up!

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous,  Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:42:00 AM  

I'm ready for college ball to start. Things I love about football season...NASCAR season is soon to end and I'll get my husband back for a month or so! LOL.

I'm up at www.kontansplace.com

Anonymous,  Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:42:00 AM  

You are so funny, and so ready for football! I did finally sign up for my fantasy team (Stacy told me I was only one that hadn't!) but have done nothing else! Peyton's dad Archie is from a hometown just up the road from where I am.

Anonymous,  Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:04:00 PM  

So are you ready for football??? I haven't watched much since I divorced my ex, but you know I kind of miss it...

Just noticed I'll be the third person from MS to stop by:)

Meira{FB} Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:58:00 PM  

I love peyton manning! Course ya know my blood runs orange!

Happy TT

Raggedy Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:07:00 PM  

I am guessing you kinda like football?
Good list..

My TT is up

Anonymous,  Friday, August 04, 2006 11:25:00 AM  

Well. I love football and I can't wait. I love fantasy football, and we're going to have a blast playing again this year. Oh, and don't be dishing my Manning boys or I might get mad and throw a temper tantrum. So there.

:)

Loved the Thursday Thirteen, love football, can't wait. I'm so ready!!! :)

P.S. We might even have to go to training camp again and sweat it out in 98ยบ heat to watch some practices, hehehe!

jenny Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:53:00 PM  

Don't know Kornheiser but if he's with Theismann I don't hold out much hope for ever hearing him. I'm an Al Michaels girl, myself.

The Pats are a whole new team this year...should be interesting. Did you see Belichick on 60 minutes last year? Where he compared pro ball to college? Scary stuff.

and down with Peyton. uck. :)

Beefy Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:08:00 AM  

I only have one thing to say.

WHO DEY!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP