Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dawn's Thursday Thirteen, edition 10: zoom zoom!




Thirteen Things About Dawn & Cars


1) i am *such* a Nissan girl.

2) that being said, i *do* like the way the Ford Fusion looks. enough so that i would consider buying one. IF i was in the market for a new car.

3) my first car was a black 98 Nissan Altima with a gray interior. i leased it. all on my own. i was so freaking proud of myself.

4) man, that car looked good clean. of course it only stayed that way for about 15 minutes before something smudged, streaked or otherwise diminished the sparkle... i loved that car.

5) i currently drive a silver 02 Mitsubishi Galant.

6) i had my heart set on either buying my Altima or getting one of the new ones. it didn't work out that way, so i settled for a great interest rate & the promise that i would grow to love the Galant.

7) my car has been paid off for 9 months.

8) i still don't love it.

9) i have replaced more tires on my Galant in the last 18 months than i did in 4 years with the Altima.

10) i know how to change a tire, but because they use an air wrech to tighten the lug nuts, i am not strong enough to get them off...and so i always need to find someone to help me.

11) i dislike this car so much that i would replace it but i like not having payments more.

12) i've always preferred cars in black, silver or dark charcoal gray but lately i've had a thing for that deep rich red.

13) the only place i will sing is in the car. alone.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


9 with their own thoughts:

*~*Michelle*~* Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:13:00 AM  

NO SPORTS!?!?!?

:::looks around:::

Is THIS the RIGHT blog? Where is Dawn? Someone has hacked Dawn's blog!
...................
I love my car. I keep them a long time, so it's a good thing. The thing I like most about my car? It has stereo controls in the steering wheel -- how did I live so long without this! One thing that would make it better? An iPod adapter! :)

Bummer about the tires, my friend, but you KNOW my saying on that!

My Thursday Thirteen is up!

Happy Thursday!

Carmen Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:13:00 AM  

i used to have a nissan pathfinder. :)

The Tempest Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:53:00 AM  

I hate the air wrench. Ugh.

My TT is up too.

Anonymous,  Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:30:00 AM  

No car payments is a beautiful thing.

If you like Nissan's, you need to come visit me. They have a Nissan plant about 12 miles from my house :)

Great list, hope you have a wonderful day!

Shannon Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:35:00 AM  

Aww... car love.. it's a good thing.

Anonymous,  Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:10:00 PM  

You don't sing in church? Singing in church is like praying twice. That's what a nun told me once.

I've found that if I ever-so-gently jump on the wrench to get the lug nuts off, it usually works. You have to hold onto the car, of course, otherwise you'll probably bite it.

One good thing I learned from living in Fresno... black cars and over 100 degree weather just don't mix. We could always tell who was from out of town because they were driving a black car. I don't think I'll ever own a black car now!

Lyn Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:14:00 PM  

LOL, must have just missed it. Heard the music and saw the list, okay, now I get it. Thanks for stopping by my T13, lgp

Anonymous,  Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:03:00 PM  

I love not having car payments too! Great list - Happy Thursday!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP