Friday, January 23, 2015

2014: I Read Books

A little more 2014 wrap-up. I challenged myself to read 40 books in 2014. I managed to finish 34.

1. Best Book(s) You Read In 2014? 
The Kommandant's Girl.


2. Most Disappointing Book?
Toxic Bachelors.

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book?
My Husband's Sweethearts.

4. Book(s) you recommended to people most in 2014?
I don't think I actually recommended any books to anyone. It would be tough for me to pick one, in general, from what I read in 2014. It would vary depending on the person.

5. Best series you discovered in 2014?
The Kommandant's Girl. Timber Ridge Reflections.

6. Favorite new author(s) you discovered in 2014?
Pam Jenoff.

7. Most thrilling, un-put-down-able book in 2014?
The Other Life.

8. Book you most anticipated in 2014?
The Diplomat's Wife.

9. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?


10. Most memorable character in 2014?
John Bessom (My Husband's Sweethearts). Paul (The Diplomat's Wife). James McPherson (Beyond This Moment).

11. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Dreams of Joy.

12. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2014?
The Lady of the Rivers.

13. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Eat, Pray, Love.

14. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2014?
“Your peers when you’re a teenager will always be the keepers of your embarrassment and regret. It was one of life’s great injustices, that you can move on and be accomplished and happy, but the moment you see someone from high school you immediately become the person you were then, not the person you are now.” (from "The Girl Who Chased the Moon" by Sarah Addison Allen)

"Willpower and dedication are good words," Roland remarked. "There's a bad one, though, that means the same thing. That one is 'obsession'." (from "Wizard and Glass," by Stephen King)

15. Authors you'd like to read more of in 2015? 
Philippa Gregory. Pam Jenoff. Both made history come alive for me.

2 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, January 26, 2015 8:58:00 AM  

I have had this post "in progress" for ages....maybe I'll finish it today. :)
Pam Jenoff is a great author - huh? Love her books!!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 26, 2015 9:01:00 AM  

She really is, Krystyn. I love her story-telling and the way she writes. Sucks me right in!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP