Monday, January 29, 2007

let this be a lesson

so. where have i been all weekend, right?

in a nutshell, something weird happened to my computer & it will suddenly no longer acknowledge that i have a mouse or a keyboard as soon as Windows loads on my computer. basically, that renders my computer useless to me right now for very obvious reasons.

to make matters worse... i haven't backed up my photos since late August because i haven't had the means to do so. i should have been at least uploading them online somewhere but i haven't. and now i have learned that i will go back to being anal about backing up my photos, even if people pick on me for it. never again will i worry when my computer goes down because i will have everything important backed up. period.

so.
a. cross your fingers for me that i can retrieve my photos off my hard drive at the very least.
2. back up all your photos & important documents regularly!
d. i may be sporadic in my blogging until it's fixed so please bear with me.

8 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Monday, January 29, 2007 3:20:00 PM  

Bummer on all of the computer problems. I haven't backed up my photos since before Christmas, so I'm living fast and dangerous too.

On the keyboard/mouse, any chance you bumped them loose or even switched them by mistake? I assume you've checked the connections and they're not crossed. Wonder if that part of the motherboard went out, are any of your other periphereals working (printer, etc)?

Hope you get it all back up and running soon, take care :)

Dawn Monday, January 29, 2007 4:55:00 PM  

I have had the unfortunate experience of losing (not much but enough). I also back up my back ups :)

I hope the only problem is the mouse/keyboard and not your computer.

Good luck!!

take care,
Dawn

Debi Monday, January 29, 2007 7:42:00 PM  

Good luck, Dawn! My heart goes out to you! Sure hope nothing was actually lost!

Anonymous,  Monday, January 29, 2007 10:43:00 PM  

Everything is still crossed! Kinda making it hard to operate... ;-)

*~*Michelle*~* Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:48:00 AM  

Pixie dust to you and your CPU, mon amie.

And many accolades to your boss, who allows you to blog from work, and keep us all entertained and not loney. Go boss!

*~*Michelle*~* Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:48:00 AM  

Pixie dust to you and your CPU, mon amie.

And many accolades to your boss, who allows you to blog from work, and keep us all entertained and not loney. Go boss!

Heart of Rachel Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:03:00 AM  

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't backed up my photos for some time now.

I hope you can retrieve all your photos and hope your PC problem will be solved soon.

Take care.

*krystyn* Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:10:00 PM  

Sorry about that! Makes me glad I just invested in an external hard drive to back up everything.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP