Saturday, October 31, 2015

This Week on My TV: October 31, 2015

Disclaimer: Consider the fact that there could be spoilers ahead. You read at your own risk!



**(Sleepy Hollow, 3x02 Whispers in the Dark) I don't know which amused me more: Crane cleaning and coming across Abbie's lingerie while  doing laundry, or when he introduced himself to Abbie's new boss. -- I'm not sure how Crane made that mental leap that there was a secret-stealing wraith involved with the man they think died of a heart attack. -- So we're back to shooting at demons, are we? ::shakes head:: -- I am rarely a fan of long hair on men, but I was surprised at how strongly I reacted to Crane's (somewhat) shorter haircut in the first episode. I've decided I'm ok with it, because it's still not short and it looks...really, really good on him. Ahem. -- What, exactly, is Pandora's endgame? -- I'm glad Abbie's new position with the FBI and both of her new bosses haven't forced replaying the disdain and skepticism involving Crane. We've already done that twice with the Sleepy Hollow Sheriff's Department and it would have been stale.

**(Madam Secretary, 2x03 The Rusalka) Elizabeth: Ok, which one of these dresses says 'I'm terribly sorry your heartless autocrat husband is finally dead?' -- Mike B!! I was worried we were done with him. I'd love if they made him a regular. -- This Craig guy is exactly as much of a butt as Elizabeth says he is. -- Is the actress playing Daisy pregnant in real life? Because if she is, they're being really obvious about "hiding" it. And if not, why is she acting like they're trying to hide a pregnancy that isn't part of the show? -- That custom that had everyone kissing the forehead of the deceased Russian president lying in state. I don't know if I would be more disturbed by kissing the forehead of a dead body or kissing the same spot as all the people ahead of me in line. Gack. -- Daisy: Face it: you're a people pleaser. Blake: Actually, I hate most people. It takes all of my skill to hide that. -- I can't believe how violent they were with Dmitri in that "spy test." When he asked Henry how he sleeps at night, I kind of have to admit I was thinking the same thing. -- Wow. What an ambush by the Russian "first widow" on Elizabeth and the United States. -- I can't believe it's, essentially, Elizabeth against Dalton, Russell, and Craig. Although instead of looking to my like "the boys club vs the token woman," it seems like ones person with values against those who have an agenda but no conscience. I'm glad she's taking Mike B's binder. -- What an intense ending. The hackers' warning that they can take over Air Force One any time they wish. Henry in confession. Dmitri losing his mind, thinking his room was bugged. Gorev clearly about to flee for his life. And "grieving widow" Maria Ostrov looks like she's about to step into her husband's vacated shoes.

**(Blindspot, 1x04 Bone May Rot) It's very convenient that they solved that leaf puzzle just in time to prevent the crazy CDC scientists from setting off a worldwide major epidemic. -- They are very careless. And foolish. Weller staying with the tented virus instead of evacuating. Jane/Taylor coming back in to help Weller in a potentially contaminated location without a HazMat suit on.  -- Mayfair (she's the woman in charge and I had to look up her name because has anyone actually called her by her name?) is very clearly hiding something from Patterson (the girl in the lab coat, whose name I also had to look up) about whatever "Daylight" is. But is she involved in it with CIA Carter (had to look his up too)? Or is he blackmailing her in some way? -- So about these mysterious isotopes they found in Jane's tooth that say she was born and spent her first few years of life somewhere in Africa, even though her DNA say she's Taylor Shaw and Weller swears he remembers her as a baby next door. If she's really Taylor, maybe she was kidnapped and that woman wasn't really her mother?

**(The Good Wife, 7x04 Taxed) Canning is such manipulative weasel. -- That Carver guy was orange. -- Why does Judge Schakowsky insist on saying 'bully' all the time?? -- Louis Canning: Diane, why are you doing this? You're fighting for a cause you don't fundamentally believe in. Diane: Because you make me angry. -- Crouse has such a devil-may-care demeanor and he is incorrigible, with that twinkle-eyed, charming smile. He'll never be Finn, but every time he appears in an episode, I like his addition to the show. -- That whole case was a sting on Schakowsky?? -- Is it my imagination or is Jackie is back to being...sharper? Wasn't she more disoriented and fumbling in recent seasons? Was it just an act or did she recover from something that was ailing her? -- Jackie [about Ruth]: Suddenly, there's a palace guard wearing a pantsuit and cheap shoes? -- So...why doesn't Eli redo his office? Or at least clear some of that furniture out of the way? -- Are we to assume Alicia is going to form (yet another) new firm, this time with Lucca Quinn?

**(Blindspot, 1x05 Split the Law) Some of these tattoo resolutions are a stretch. -- Because we can't help but to be snarky sometimes: How did Weller know the bad guy's cell phone number? Was it also tattooed on Jane? And look! Weller has a tattoo on his arm too! Maybe it's the key to unlocking one of Jane's! -- Credit due for the shootout in the cemetery. I can't remember the last time I saw that done. -- You ever think about working for the good guys, we should talk. -- Now Zapata is being dirtied by CIA Carter, thanks her gambling habits leaving her needing cash. (No points for that one, Blindside. That angle is *way* overdone.) -- The episode titles are strange. I can;t ever figure out how they're actually related to what we're watching.

**(The Big Bang Theory, 9x06 The Helium Insufficiency) Stuart [re: one of the women he met on his new dating app]: One of which would have ended in sex if she hadn't said no. ... Oh, Stuart. -- Sheldon: Is this one of those times I've won the battle but lost the war? -- Sheldon [re: the stolen tank of helium that bears a torn sticker reading "Property of U..."]: U.S. Air Force. U.S. Department of Defense. U.S. Navy. U and I are going to jail. -- Stuart's dating app pic. LOL. -- Hey, Amy? Who is Dave?? -- Kripke: Take your time. I'll walk out backward for a dramatic effect. --

**(Madam Secretary, 7x06 Halloween VI: Tick Tock Death) Brick as Rod Serling ws sheer brilliance. -- A split second before the reveal, I realized it was Cindy as the Grim Reaper. I laughed really loud. -- O. M. G. Kenny talks. And has a face. To quote T, this was a *really* spooky episode. -- The first Twilight Zone-ish skit with Frankie and Rita Glossner was only so-so. The second one with the Grim Reaper terrorizing Axl, Kenny, and Hutch was amusing. But the last one was the best, foreseeing Brick's future. When they showed "Heck" on the mailbox as Mike and Brick were walking away from the older woman's house, it made the whole episode. -- Brick: Hold on, I have to ask you one more thing. Have you ever...done it? Older woman named Cynthia [smiling]: Well, we do have four beautiful children. Brick: Yes!! Yes!! Did you hear that Dad? Four times! That's one more than you and Mom!

**(The Blacklist, 3x05 Arioch Cain) The timeline of this episode felt very jumpy and was also all out of order. That was as confusing for me as flashback episodes. -- Ressler: If we haven't found her yet, he won't. Red: He's better than you. -- Crazy intense scene when Wendigo was trying to kill Lizzie. I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. But however dramatic her getaway scene was, I couldn't suspend disbelief enough for her driving through a hail of bullets while laying down across the front seat and using the ripped off rearview mirror to see where she was going. -- As soon as that guy Lizzie and Red were after headed to the roof, I knew we were getting the obligatory jump-from-one-roof-to-another stunt. -- I'm very confused by that dark web site that put a bounty on Lizzie's head, because I thought Red stated earlier that Wendigo wasn't for hire. -- Bye bye, Mr Vargas. The second you lied to Red, you signed your own death warrant. -- I pretty much love that they gave Aram an opportunity to shine in that interrogation with the assassination site guy. -- Dembe coming to Red's rescue made me cheer. Him collapsing in Red's arms from his beatings via Mr Solomon and Vargas shooting him made me teary; Red was so tender with him. -- LOL: Ressler's reaction to Aram's hug. -- Ugh. The Director has his thumb on Ressler now.

**(Sleepy Hollow, 3x03 Blood and Fear) I feel like they put an interesting spin on Jack the Ripper, especially giving a nod to why he stopped and what stopped the murders without warning and or known arrest. -- That was a pretty vicious blade that Pandora procured to create the next Ripper. -- I felt bad for that guy she made her next Ripper, but it was so obvious it was going to be him from the minute we met him. -- I love how Abbie uses the latest and greatest technology to do her research, while Crane reaches for all these thick, dusty old tomes. -- I don't think I care much for Reynolds. Still undecided by Miss Corinth. -- When that blade sliced through the door near Crane and Abbie's selves, I jumped so hard, I may have levitated. I definitely gave myself a know in my shoulder. -- There we go, trying to shoot evil, again, with a regular gun. -- Abbie [looking down on the Ripper lying dead after falling out a window onto a car below]: Oh, damn. [::boink, his eyes pop open] Oh, DAMN. -- I love the aerial views of Sleepy Hollow.

**(Sleepy Hollow, 3x04 The Sisters Mills) My reaction to seeing the Tooth Fairy summed up: What. The hell. Was *that*. -- Crane: I don't need to study history. I lived it. -- That little girl's name was seriously Saffron? -- They are doing a really good job of tying in legends and making historical connections to tell stories this year. I love that they made the Tooth Fairy something far more sinister, that leaving money in exchange for a lost tooth was a means of protection, and how kids see monsters their parents can't. -- Seriously. That Tooth Fairy creature was the things of which my nightmares are made. I had to stifle half a dozen screams. -- While the parents were staring at their younger daughter in her coma, did they seriously not notice Saffron had left the hospital to catch that creepy Tooth Fairy with Crane and company??? -- LOL: Crane at the dentist. Oh, that was funny. -- What on earth is this Pandora creature and what is she trying to accomplish??

**(Scandal, 5x04 Dog-Whistle Politics) Gladiator in a suit speech! I miss when they were gladiators. Let's please go back to doing more of that. -- LOL: Charlie and Jake working together. -- Stop. The. Presses. Jake was married?? Is he *still* married?? -- That scene with Fitz playing with Teddy, and the exchange with Mellie about not hurting each other was sweet and tender. Too bad she tosses that right out the window at the end when she approaches the "women's club" about impeaching Fitz after all. -- "The true cost of mercy." Yep, everyone has a price, Fitz, Are you willing to pay? -- Marcus: So...who's going to tell Olivia I work here now? Huck: I will. I'm damaged. She doesn't like to yell at me. -- I'm not sure how I feel about Fitz showing up to take Olivia out, but I totally laughed at his Secret Service detail in the elevator when he announced he was going to make out with his girlfriend.

**(Once Upon a Time, 5x02 The Price) Oh, flashbacks. Yay. /sarcasm -- Emma's new outfit as the Dark One is really something. -- Regina [controlling Dark Emma via the dagger]: I could get used to this. -- Emma: I still know that the fastest way to a pirate's heart is through his liver. -- Doc: If I go to the ball, I'll just have to be Grumpy's  wing man. -- Mary Margaret [to Regina]: First thing my mother taught me about dancing is you have to learn to move in a dress...not a sensible pantsuit. -- I didn't care for Regina's hair at the ball. Too much like bedhead. Or that its original style fell out and she tried to pin it back up without a mirror. -- So. Emma is back in possession of the dagger. And behind that heavy locked door in her new house is a secret cave housing the missing Excalibur. And somehow, the dagger is really the tip of Excalibur. This is...interesting.

2 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Sunday, November 01, 2015 10:10:00 PM  

You are totally right on the Blindspot episode title names. I had thought they were in there somewhere, somehow, but we haven't been able to note them at all on the last two episodes. Apparently they grab them out of thin air :(

You're ahead of us on Sleepy Hollow. I'm not a fan of his hair either and we're starting to get worn out from the demons and wraiths and plot-lines. Hoping it gets better, otherwise, I may abandon this one sooner or later.

Have a beautiful day! :)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, November 02, 2015 9:43:00 AM  

Stacy: I assume Sleepy Hollow will be in a constant battle against supernatural evil, since that was its original premise all along. Episode 4 was really creepy, but Ichabod's remarks on Paul Revere and dentistry made me literally LOL on several occasions. I actually haven't minded this season, so far, like I did Season 2. But, just like I did with Fringe, I have to watch this fairly early in the day or I will end up dreaming about the creepy stuff. (I'm such a baby. LOL)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP