Sunday, October 4, 2015

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: 2015 - Week 39

Checking in for the week of September 27 through October 3.

WHAT I READ |
The Book Stops Here (Kate Carlisle) - Brooklyn and Derek have been one of my favorite cozy mystery couples since nearly the beginning of this series, so I always look forward to another installment of their adventures. This was easily my favorite book in a series I have enjoyed quite a bit. There were two mysteries in this one. Just as I was experiencing some mild disappointment that I had figured one of them out since very early in the book, a bombshell twist was dropped with so many unexpected details woven into it, the disappointment was completely forgotten. Well played, Kate Carlisle, well played. Can't wait to see where these two find themselves next!
The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Mitch Albom) - I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, going in, but while it was sad at times, the story itself was uplifting, filled with important lessons, food for thought, hope, and redemption. I enjoyed it thoroughly...even the parts where I had to blink back tears while sitting on a full airplane.
P.S. I Love You (Cecelia Ahearn) - Working on this one now... Emphasis, so far, on 'work'.

WHAT WE ATE|
The first half of the week, we had Italian Wedding Soup; a brisket in the slow cooker, with some boiled potatoes and green beans; pork chops with wild rice and asparagus; and some breakfast wraps. The second half of the week, we were in Pennsylvania for a family reunion on T's side and had lots of large group style meals.

CANDLE SCENTS|
Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin (BBW) - Just the one candle, since we were set to be traveling and I'm a dork who didn't want to start new votives. (This is a larger jar candle I expect to last at least a couple of weeks, and somehow that makes it different?) I was really just itching to get something autumn-y burning and oh my, this is yummy.

WHAT THIS WEEK LOOKED LIKE|
I think these two are just the cutest.


Super Blood Moon. (Blood Super Moon?)


Like a painting.


Can't get enough.


Every time I think I'm done, it changes again.


Sitting there, cracking himself up. I think he's adorable.


Blustery Lake Erie.


We always take a selfie (us-ie?) together here. And I always love them.


The wind was crazypants.


I am as powerless against the fall foliage as I am against sunrises and sunsets.


Stripes and spots.


Leaves! (I jumped in them. I'm pretty sure my father in law was watching from inside and thinks his son married a nut.)


We sat around the fire pit. In the rain. Probably all catch our death of a cold.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP