Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Leftovers: January 11, 2013

**On New Year's Eve, I went looking for the wine stopper. It wasn't in any of the places it could possibly be, or any of the places I didn't think it should be, but looked anyway. I got it at Disney World several years ago and kept it in a little red box in one of the utensil drawers in the apartment. (Aside: That last sentence made the apartment sound a lot bigger than it actually was. Trust me.) I cannot imagine why it wouldn't have made the move. I don't have any lingering unpacked boxes. It is just...gone. It's bugging me and now I need to get a new one.

**Those chain-letter-type Facebook guilt trip posts? Just don't. If I am your friend, if I love you, if I want to keep you in my life, you don't need to post those things to get me to tell you so. In fact, *because* I am those things is the very reason why I won't. I respect your intelligence and our relationship more than that. Furthermore, if you continue to try to guilt trip me, I may start to become suspicious that this toxic (and annoying) behavior indicates you've become a pod person. Pod people scare me and I will be forced to strongly reconsider our association.

**Back on January 2, I tweeted something of which I want a more permanent record: There is no way to sugarcoat that constant bitterness is entirely unattractive and repelling.

**This is the mature way in which I have responded to things which have displeased me lately, including a husband being a boogie, the meteorologist on the local evening news with his stupid mid-80-degree forecast, and that time I dropped a piece of chocolate on the floor at work (there is NO Five Second Rule here, trust me).

(One of my favorite scenes from "It's a Wonderful Life.")

**I had plans to venture over to WDW this weekend. I haven't been there since early December when we went to see the Spectacle of Dancing Lights and ride "new" Test Track, so I am suffering some major withdrawals is what I'm saying. I have also been chomping at the bit to see New Fantasyland with my own two eyes and my camera. And then ::music of impending doom:: I discovered that this is a "marathon weekend." These are all fine and dandy, if that's your thing, but for me, they mean bigger crowds and frustrating detours, and I just avoid Disney property like the plague, if at all possible. So hmph. Maybe next weekend. See that photo up there? That applies to this as well.

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Friday, January 11, 2013 2:57:00 PM  

I'm so glad you made the exception to your "marathon weekends at Disney" rule twice for me. Thanks!! :) I do wish I was making you break that rule again this year...alas I'll have to avoid Twitter that wknd to not see all the happy Disney running tweets. I guess I'm on the "every other year" plan with that. :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 11, 2013 3:05:00 PM  

Krystyn: It's different when I'm there to actually see someone run or meet up afterward! But with no specific reason to be there while one is taking place? I'd rather wait for another, less chaotic time. ;-)

*krystyn* Friday, January 11, 2013 3:14:00 PM  

Oh yes I know. Makes complete sense. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP