Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012: Time Capsule

In 2012, I gained:
A husband and a house.

I lost:
some sleep over wedding planning. An odd experience for someone who rarely has any sleep issues.

I was hugely satisfied by:
our wedding, which went off about as perfectly as one dare hope.

And frustrated by:
our photographer, the Clerk of Courts, and Bobby Valentine as manager of the Red Sox.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is:
the length of my hair.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this December is:
worrying about how to pull off a successful wedding.

I loved spending time:
making our house into a home for us.

I should have spent more time:
reading, but I kept falling asleep! (This is what happens when you read before bed.)

The most relaxing place I went was:
Nichole and Daniel's house for California Christmas.

The best thing someone did for me was:
all the running around, setting up wedding details in Virginia, while I was in Florida. I have a really awesome sister-in-law.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Gee, let's see. Become a homeowner and a wife? Outside of the obvious, I also visited San Francisco.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
I don't make them. I did manage to complete some of my personal wishlist though. But I've discussed that at length already.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No new babies this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? 
Thankfully, this is also a no.

5. What places did you visit?
My hometown. Troy's hometown. The Berkshires. Virginia, twice. San Francisco. And the Central Valley in California.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? 
Some peace and quiet. We've had a lot of changes all at once.

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
Our wedding: September 29. And January 31, when we officially closed on the house. Like I said: big changes.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Surviving the house-buying and wedding-planning processes. They will eat. you. alive.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Falling off my photo-a-day challenge. Nothing too life-altering.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a cold at one point, but nothing that a little Zicam and DayQuil/NyQuil couldn't quickly mend.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband's for not locking me up while I was in bride mode. And my sister-in-law's for doing all the legwork for the wedding.

12. Where did most of your money go?
The themes of 2012: house and wedding.

13. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Our wedding song: The Shape of Us by Ian Britt.

14. What was your favorite movie of this year?
I really enjoyed Lincoln of the whole...two(?) we saw in the theater.

15. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
With Mike Lowell flying mostly under the radar these days, probably Blake Shelton. Maybe.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP