Monday, June 23, 2008

maybe this will help pass a few minutes...

...because this day already feels several eternities long and it's not even lunchtime.
::sigh::

swiped from Gail!

1. What is in the back of your car?
ummmmm... a couple of boxes i think? i should bring those in the house when i get home today. i kinda forgot they were back there til right this second.
2. What color is your toothbrush?
blue and white.
3. Name one person who made you smile today.
Nichole.
4. What were you doing at 8:00 AM?
logging into my computer at work.
5. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
setting up a new customer in our database.
6. What is your favorite candy?
See's chocolates. or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
7. What is the last thing your said aloud?
he is off-site with a customer. can i offer you his voicemail?
8. What is the best ice cream flavor?
you're kidding me, right? just one?? i like so many... mint chocolate chip is one.
9. What is the last thing you had to drink?
water.
10. What are you wearing right now?
jeans and this top (in Tree Moss Green, but no belt).
11. What is the last thing you ate?
Quaker Simple Harvest Dark Chocolate Chunk Chewy Granola Bar
12. Have you bought any new clothes this week?
i have not. and i don't plan to.
13. When was the last time you ran?
how about so long ago that i don't actually remember? it's *way* too hot & humid for anything even remotely resembling running right now. i would probably need to be on fire or see a giant spider.
14. What was the last sporting event you watched?
yesterday's Sox game, of course!
15. Ever go camping?
are you out of your ever-loving mind??
16. Do you have a tan?
i do not. i have SPF15 on my porcelain white skin because tanning is little more than a futile effort for me & really just an exercise in how to acquire skin cancer.
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
in my fruits & veggies. ;-)
18. Do you go to church?
i do most Sundays.
19. Do you like Chinese food more than pizza?
not even close. i like Chinese just fine, but i rarely crave it.
20. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
i honestly can't remember the last time i even drank a soda at all!
21. Are you someone's best friend?
i am! more than one someone even! i am so lucky.
22. What are you doing tomorrow?
working. watching the Sox. making meatloaf for dinner.
23. Where is your dad?
i am assuming he is at work although the possibility exists that he is on vacation. pretty likely odds of that actually since i plan to call him on Wednesday. =P
24. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
not as fast as i can say it forward!
25. Do you have a maid service clean your home?
i do not. and even if i could afford such luxuries, i am weirded out by the idea of some stranger cleaning my home.
26. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
i don't have that many shoes to begin with that i wear regularly. sneakers, brown sandals, black sandals, brown boots, black boots. i like them all pretty equally.
27. What color is your car?
silver.
28. How do you like your popcorn?
a little bit of butter (just enough for the flavor, not enough to make it greasy) and i don't mind a tiny bit of salt but i don't need to have it.
29. How did you get your worst scar?
from when i had chicken pox. i am pretty lucky. i don't have many scars.
30. Look to your left. What do you see?
the copy machine. the urethane production manager's office. the door to the urethane shop. a monitor that shows the images from our security cameras.
31. What color is your watch?
it's mostly silver with a little gold accent. but i haven't worn it in six months because it needs a new battery & i never remember to take it with me when i am somewhere near a licensed jeweler.
32. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
koala bears. kangaroos. platypusses. (platypi?)
33. Do you use chap stick?
not specifically. i use vanilla flavored softlips.
34. Do you have a dog?
sort of... he stayed behind (almost) two years ago though...
35. Last person you talked to on the phone?
some telemarketer that had the personality of a rotting tree stump.
36. Have you met anyone famous?
nope!
37. Any plans today?
i plan to watch the Sox game tonight. and that's about it.
38. How many states have you lived in?
two: Connecticut and Florida.
39. Do you dye your hair?
i've gotten varying degrees of highlights but i've never done all-over color.
40. Do you like cats?
sure!

12 with their own thoughts:

Redbeard76 Monday, June 23, 2008 12:00:00 PM  

Having a slow day today, eh? Here, help me with some of my work today!

jenny Monday, June 23, 2008 12:11:00 PM  

vanilla flavored? Yum! *puts softlips on the shopping list*

Janet Monday, June 23, 2008 12:47:00 PM  

1. omg ALL sorts of crap!
2. No idea!
3. my office mate
4. feeding the dogs
5. working
6. anything with peanut butter!
7. Crab rangoon
8. Coffee chocolate chip
9. Coffee
10. flip flops, capris, nice top
11. pork lo meain
12. this morning, across the street.
14. basketball, Celtics kicking ass
15. Yes, love it!
16. Unfortunately, no
17. No
18. No
19. No
20. it's not necessary
21. I think so...
22. working. eating. blogging. reading.
23. at home
24. lol probably not
25. unfortunately, no
26. Yup, my reef flips
27. silver.
28. i like kettle corn, a bit salty a bit sweet
29. when i fell off my bike many times in one summer
30. my lunch, a wall, a poster, some papers & folders
31. I don't wear watches
32. Julie!
33. No
34. two!
35. a consultant at work
36. Yup, James Taylor, Sean Astin, a couple of local football heroes
37. Read!
38. MA, CO, VA
39. Yup, I AM 51 LOL
40. Yupo!

gail@more than a song Monday, June 23, 2008 12:55:00 PM  

Fun, I'm glad you played! I LOVED your camping answer! Oh we're so the same on tanning, no point in trying on my whiter than white skin. I like the cherry soft lips but vanilla is good too. And it's so humid here too, why do we stay in these places!

Anonymous,  Monday, June 23, 2008 1:11:00 PM  

I'm very glad you like cats, Dawn, because my cats like you very much. :) I think Athalia misses having three laps to sit on...

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Monday, June 23, 2008 5:51:00 PM  

Fun one! I may have to do it this week, or save it for a rainy day :)

Let's see...

10. VERY cute top you have on!

11. Love those Quaker granola bars!

13. / 15. I could NOT have said it better myself :)

26. We could be twins in the shoe dept.

31. I think we might have the same watch!

33. Cherry or Vanilla soft lips here too, but I have a "thing" for lipbalm. I also have chapstick, carmex, Burt's Bees and other various and assorted ones :)

Have a great day!

Jeanne Monday, June 23, 2008 6:24:00 PM  

Work was ridiculous today. Had a co-worker with a serious attitude problem that makes things very difficult at times for the rest.

k Monday, June 23, 2008 8:32:00 PM  

very cute shirt you had on today. love the colors. awesome that you can wear jeans to work and it's not even Friday.

i love mint choc chip too.

Ingrid Monday, June 23, 2008 9:05:00 PM  

I always think having a maid would be a cool luxury, but then I realize I feel the same way you do. I wouldn't know how to handle it if I won a years worth of cleaning service or something!

Ted D Monday, June 23, 2008 10:29:00 PM  

//13. When was the last time you ran?
how about so long ago that i don't actually remember? //

Glad I'm not the only one!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:04:00 AM  

Redbeard: Nah. I think I will stick to blogging. ;-)

Jenny: *Love* the vanilla!

Janet: I am going to guess you were thinking about lunch for numver 7? because I wonder how *that* works its way into a conversation. LOL!

Gail: That camping answer is about as honest as it gets. ;-) LOL! And we stay in these places because we see what happens in places without it: Winter!

Daniel: I think Athalia just misses that I don't move around much so it's a consistent lap! ;-)

Stacy: Aren't those granola bars yummy?? I like them even better than the original ones from Quaker. As for 13 & 15, what can I say? We are some smart girls. ;-)

Jeanne: Ugh. I hate days like that.

Krystyn: I can wear jeans any day! Another perk to this job. (Which I should file away to remember on days when it makes me cranky. Lol.)

Ingrid: I'm glad it's not just me!

Ted: No danger of you *ever* being the only one. I will gladly keep you company in that category!

gail@more than a song Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:43:00 PM  

Stacy's comments to your 13 and 15 cracked me up, as did your answers! Y'all need to go camping! Get with it girls.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP