Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: April 2009

photo of me
none taken this month. =(

1) current candle scents:
Willow Breeze. Midnight Jasmine.

2) what i am currently reading:
America Alone (Mark Steyn). Faithful (Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King). yes, still. i've been watching baseball these days, not reading. what can i say!

3) newest music i added my playlist:
nothing new this month. my "top 5 most played" this month though are: "The Fear You Won't Fall," by Joshua Radin. "Sweet Caroline," by Neil Diamond. "First Time," by Lifehouse. "Love Song," by Sara Bareilles. "I Just Love You," by Five For Fighting.

4) movies i saw:
i watched King of Kings on Easter but other than that it's been pretty much all baseball all the time for me and catching up on my shows in between games. no time for movies, at least until my shows go into repeat!

5) something yummy i made this month:
i made my Meatloaf Patties which seriously is the best meatloaf i have ever had. and i do say so myself!

6) the last place i ate out:
Mimi's Cafe with the girls from work.

7) something that made me cry:
this Tweet: "Torii Hunter just said Nick Adenhart's dad has been sitting at his son's locker since this morning. The poor man." Nick Adenhart was a promising rookie pitcher for the Angels that was killed in a hit-and-run accident on April 9, on his way home from pitching six shutout innings of baseball. a drunk driver ran a red light, striking the vehicle Adenhart was driving, killing three, and then fled the scene. i wish i could understand why the responsible parties always seem to walk away without a scratch and the innocent are the ones that suffer. i wish i could take away this family's pain as someone they loved, so young & full of promise, had his light extinguished. i wish i could prevent any parent from ever needing to grieve like this.

8) something that made me laugh:
Jacoby Ellsbury straight-up stealing home on Andy Pettitte and Jorge Posada on April 26. i don't think a single person watching or playing or coaching in that game saw that coming!

9) something i looked forward to this month:
the start of real, meaningful baseball after a long long (long) Winter.

10) something i am thankful for:
when i watch the news or read blogs or hear people talk, it truly humbles me, because i am so blessed. i am grateful for the life that i have.

11) something i want to remember about this month:
life's too short to spend it worrying about things you can't change.

12) a photo i took this month:

7 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:17:00 PM  

Willow breeze is great.

I will remember Ellsbury stealing home for *years.* FanTASTic

Jeanne Tuesday, May 05, 2009 7:07:00 PM  

Wowza look at that header! Awesome! #2 Between hockey and baseball I'm having the same problem these days. #4 One of my very favorite religious movies. Jeffrey Hunter as Jesus! #7 That is just the saddest thing. #8 Watching that game I kept saying WTH? to myself over and over after that play. #11 Amen #12 Beautiful!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:12:00 AM  

Nichole: It's so fresh & clean smelling! Midnight Jasmine *almost* smells like orange blossoms so I am especially partial to that one.

Jeanne: Thanks! =)
2. That is precisely why I can only watch baseball & football!
4. I like that one and The Ten Commandments, and a newer one: The Nativity.
7. It really was heart-breaking.
8. You have to admit that is one cool play--even if it was also frustrating for you as a Yankee fan. ;-)

Janet Thursday, May 07, 2009 12:54:00 PM  

Dawn! Love your new header, and that lily photo is spectacular!!! Well done :-)

Anonymous,  Saturday, May 09, 2009 12:00:00 AM  

That Lily is beautiful. Can't wait for mine, I have several coming up but it will be awhile before I see blooms since I'm in Michigan.

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, May 09, 2009 12:13:00 PM  

Thank you for all your kind words! =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP