Thursday, February 14, 2008

the greatest contradiction

i believe that love can happen in an instant, at very first sight. and grow slowly over time, building layer upon layer. don't believe in love at first sight? ask a new mother.

i believe that love is stronger than steel, resilient, powerful. and more delicate than the tiniest flower, fragile, requiring gentle and constant care.

i believe that love, like God, can come with trumpets & fanfare. and in the softest of whispers.

i believe that love is like a blizzard, swirling around us, swallowing us whole, blocking everything else from view. and like a pristine Winter night, still, peaceful, inducing silence born of awe at its perfection.

i believe that love defies logic. and makes perfect sense.

i believe that being loved is an amazing gift. and that it is even more amazing to be given someone to love.

i believe that love takes round-the-clock work. and yet is completely effortless.

i believe that love is unpredictable. and that we can rely on its presence.

i believe that love is as unique a miracle as every individual snowflake that has ever fallen, elusive like a sunbeam. and so ordinary that anyone may have it.

i believe that love shows its face in the last places we would ever think to look for it. and that it is everywhere we expect it to be.

i believe that we need to say the words 'i love you'. and that the action of loving someone, be it on a grand scale or the tiniest gesture, can never be overlooked, just because the words have crossed our lips.

i believe that love cannot be forced into being. and it cannot be stopped when it exists.

i believe that love has no clear cut definition, but that however we have it, it is precious.

16 with their own thoughts:

Debi Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:37:00 AM  

Wow, Dawn. Wow. I'm seriously at a loss for the right words to tell you how incredibly beautiful this post was...
So I'll just say thanks for sharing it with us.

Nichole M Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:56:00 AM  

Cool. (That's all I can come up with at the moment. My brain has check out.)

Happy Valentine's Day!

justem Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:45:00 PM  

I needed this today! :) Thanks Dawn!

Ted D Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:37:00 PM  

Dawn, that was beautiful. Even a caveman like myself can appreciate something that moving.

Happy Valentines Day.

*krystyn* Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:57:00 PM  

That 1st one is RIGHT ON!! I never thought I'd feel this way. Nothing else matters anymore.

Anonymous,  Friday, February 15, 2008 5:42:00 AM  

lovely reading your thoughts...I agree with them!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 15, 2008 10:48:00 AM  

Thanks, guys. =) Sometimes it's like my brain just takes over control of my fingers & makes them dance like little puppets on strings, and this is the result.

Debi: Your comment made me smile so much.

Em: I have those days too.

Ted: And it wasn't even about baseball! ;-)

Krystyn: I knew that one would be one you would understand completely. You were kind of who sparked that particular part. I mean, I've seen it before but your new arrival is so fresh in my mind, and it was obvious immediately that you were totally smitten with your little guy. =)

Ted D Friday, February 15, 2008 11:39:00 AM  

Hey, I can talk about non-baseball stuff.

Barely, but I CAN. ;)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 15, 2008 11:42:00 AM  

I feel the exact same way, Ted. ;-)

Anonymous,  Friday, February 15, 2008 3:24:00 PM  

This is beautiful. And SO true. Happy (belated) Valentine's Day, Dawn. :-)

P.S. I LOVE all your new countdown tickers! LOL

Colleen Friday, February 15, 2008 3:49:00 PM  

Impressivo! Dawn this is very deep and Really Good! I love the way you though this through!

Anonymous,  Friday, February 15, 2008 8:09:00 PM  

That was very lovely! I could see it inside a pretty frame, hung inside someone's home or office, etc.

Glitterstim Friday, February 15, 2008 11:11:00 PM  

Very beautiful....and I hope what I've been experiencing lately falls into some of those "beliefs." Thanks for the list :o)

BJ

Jeanne Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:12:00 PM  

Absolutely amazingly beautiful Dawn. Love is amazing and you captured so many of it's nuances. By the way always love seeing how to do up your space. Love all the candies. And thanks for your comments on my friend post. {{HUGS}}

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP