Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday Madness: December 11, 2006

brought to you by Monday Madness

This week's questions come from our good friend, and faithful participant, gabrielle. Thanks so much for your questions, Gabrielle!!

1. What song gives you the most holiday cheer?

i think... "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives. the one he sings for the "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Christmas television special. it brings me right back to being a kid & the Christmas specials making it feel like Christmas was really coming.

2. Who is the hardest person to shop for on your holiday list?
my list is very short this year. and no one on it was particularly difficult to shop for.

3. When do you start your holiday shopping?
i start my holiday shopping when i think of an idea! sometimes i have a gift for months, tucked away, patiently waiting for Christmas. =)

4. What food or drink do you love when it's cold out? (Recipes and recommendations, please!)
hot apple cider! no question about it.

5. What do you do to get rid of a cold or flu?
i don't really think there's anything you can do about the flu, but rest, drinks fluids & wait it out. a cold though? at the first *hint* of an impending cold, i start pounding vitamin C & Cold-Eeze. it may not keep the cold away completely but it will make me feel far less cruddy & usually only for a few days.

5 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 10:40:00 AM  

Oh I have to show my daughter those pics that you have posted...she will be SO EXCITED! I guess you didn't see Belle huh?

And...I like your idea of shopping just when you get an idea...COOL!

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 9:51:00 PM  

Hi Dawn. Finally, I was able to reach this part. I just had to give it another try. :)

How nice that you buy Christmas gifts months in advance whenever you see an ideal present. I do that too sometimes.

Thanks for the info you posted on my blog. I've always wondered about the title of that classic song.

Have a lovely week ahead!

Rach

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 11:07:00 PM  

I like those songs too. I don't think i could keep gifts very long.:) I would give them to the person early. Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week.

Anonymous,  Monday, December 11, 2006 11:12:00 PM  

I should try that Vitamin C & Cold-Eze thing - I've heard people talk about it but have never used it myself. Thanks for stopping by my LJ!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:21:00 AM  

Hot apple cider?
I love apple cider, but never tried it hot. I think I'll try it some day.

Hugs from Germany,
Sonny

Sweet Kitty
Sonny's Xmas

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP