Friday, October 31, 2014

What I Learned in October: 2014

1. I get very draggy in the mornings in October. The sun rises so late (closing in on nearly 8am) that I just cannot get moving very easily.

2. It's much more difficult to convince myself to get out of bed when the weather cools enough to warrant the use of the fuzzy blanket at night. Combine that with the super dark mornings, and i practically have to pry myself out of bed with a crowbar. It's not that I don't feel rested. My internal clock just can't wrap itself around that fact that I must exit my cozy nest before there is light.

3. Three-wick candles burn very evenly but far too quickly. I recently purchased some delicious-smelling candles from Bath and Body Works, on sale and with a coupon, for a crazy good price. Based on how quickly they burn, though, I would never consider buying them for any more than I spent this time, simply because they just don't last.

4. Bitterness, like orange jumpsuits, flatters no one, and yet those who insist on bitterness act dumbfounded when it turns people off. I understand that people have bad days. I'm sympathetic to that, truly. But there is a difference between a bad day and being bitter, and I suppose I'm surprised how often people slide into being bitter. It reminds me to be extra vigilant of my own attitudes.


Every month, Chatting at the Sky shares what she learned. Big things and little things. Life lessons from the serious to the silly. I've decided I want to participate. Just another means of capturing who am I along this broken little road called life.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP