Wednesday, June 18, 2014

20 Questions: June 18, 2014

1. What book are you currently reading?
I'm about a third of the way through Toxic Bachelors by the queen of brain candy chick lit, Danielle Steel. I needed something brainless to read after finishing Eat, Pray, Love which was a bit heavy handed.

2. If you could eat dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
"Anyone" sounds like it doesn't have to be just one person. I think I will take the "dinner party" approach to this question this time around. Blake Shelton, because he's so irreverent and doesn't take himself seriously and he makes me laugh, which maybe isn't the best plan while I'm eating, but I do love to laugh. James Spader, because I want to see how much he is like Reddington from The Blacklist. Mike Lowell, because, well, ahem, but also...wait, what was I saying? Jimmy Fallon, because he just seems so darn nice. And Cristin Milioti, because I adored her as the long awaited Mother on How I Met Your Mother, and I have myself convinced that she is exactly like that in person, and how else will we end up pals unless I invite her to my pretend dinner party, duh!

3. What’s your next house project?
We have no specific project currently in mind, that I am aware of. T just finished an enormous master bathroom remodel. We need to replenish the funds for a while before we take on anything else. I am sure some little projects will pop up here and there, but none that we have officially on the books.

4. What’s your favorite place to visit?
This is just far too broad a question for me! Visit for a few minutes? For a day? For the weekend? For vacation? I love Boston and San Francisco. I love Fenway Park and Disney World. I love visiting friends. I love visiting Dunkin Donuts. They are all my favorite.

5. What movie have you seen that was better than the book (or at least matched its greatness)?
I'm going to go with The Lord of the Rings trilogy. There were a lot of parts to the books that just dragged for me, to the point of feeling tortured.

6. Go out to eat or dine in?
Sure! I like a good meal out, but we also eat some pretty tasty meals right here at home. As our mailman at work points out to me regularly "You sure do eat well."

7. What’s in your junk drawer?
We do not have a junk drawer! Not even kidding.

8. Beer or wine?
Definitely wine. I do not enjoy the yeastiness of beer. It tastes bitter to me.

9. What would your super power be and why?
Teleportation. There are too many people I care about that live too far away from me.

10. What is your favorite type of cheese?
The kind I am eating? Honestly, I enjoy cheese. In fact, I could make a meal out of a good cheese plate, some crackers, a little fruit, some other odds and ends to balance out the flavors.

11. What are you excited about?
My new laptop. The Red Sox tenth inning walkoff win on back-to-back homers by Papi and Napoli today. The long weekend I have coming up since I took Friday off.

12. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
Pretty low key, just the way I like it. Dinner and a movie with T. I can't remember if it was before or after my actual birthday though. On my birthday, my mother was visiting and we did some Disney.

13. What is on your bedside table?
A pile of library books. A wooden box with some sentimental treasures inside. A framed photo of my Gram holding me as a toddler that used to sit on her nightstand. A small lamp. A box of tissues. A glasses case.

14. What do you order from the movie theater concession stand?
We always share a small box of popcorn (no extra butter) and T gets a soda from which I take a few sips.

15. Do you have a garden? What’s growing?
We have two tomato plants, some chives, basil, dill, and two types of parsley.

16. Any summer plans?
I have an August trip to California scheduled and that's pretty much it. I may sneak in a little Disney. We've batted around the idea of maybe getting to a Sox game when they're local.

17. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for?
I'm hoping Julia and Joel Braverman sort themselves out on Parenthood. Mostly, though, the tv couples I like are already established past the point of rooting for them.

18. What’s the last thing you bought?
A new laptop after my old one unceremoniously bit the dust yesterday morning.

19. What’s one thing you are passionate about?
It's getting late and I'm running out of steam, so I will be totally obvious and say the Red Sox.

20. What are you grateful for this week?
Rain that keeps us from having to pay to water our green outdoor things. That I back up my photos, religiously, every month, so nothing was lost in Lappy's sudden demise. All the fresh, delicious fruit that is available during the summer. A husband who gets me, because there is comfort in knowing someone gets you.

2 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Friday, June 20, 2014 3:42:00 PM  

1. Did you love Eat, Pray, Love? I was SO into that book. I actually bought another copy in the Italian airport before our flight home last summer :)
2. Another dinner with me! (One where I can actually join you for the dinner part)
7. For real? That's awesome.
8. I'm with you. Beer is gross. I try and I just can't do it.
14. I can't watch a movie without popcorn. I just can't.
16. Woo hoo!! Please be before I go back to school :)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, June 23, 2014 1:45:00 PM  

G:
1.I am not sure how I felt about Eat, Pray, Love. I have a review ready for it for my monthly wrap-up post.

2. Ummm, YES!

7. All the drawer real estate serves an actual purpose. It forces me to find a home for anything that would inhabit a junk drawer. And if I can't find a home for it, out it goes.

8. I wonder if you would like the "beer" I do like. Some time when you come out with me and D, we will have to test that theory! (If we're some place that has it on the menu. Not many places do.)

16. I hope you're not back in school during the dates we discussed!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP