Friday, May 23, 2014

Broken Road Confessionals: May 23, 2014

**You can say or feel what you will about former President George W Bush's politics (elsewhere though, because this is not a platform for political debate), but I am wholly impressed with the man's painting abilities. And his attitude about this little venture. I mean, the man took up painting because he "wanted to make sure the last chapters of my life are full." He doesn't claim to be the best, but says he is driven to improve. It's kind of inspiring. (Also, it makes me feel like a slug.) And on painting his father's portrait? " I always admired him as a man. It was a joyful experience to paint him. I painted a gentle soul." If that doesn't tug a little at your heart, well...

**I like to own my favorite television series on DVD. This is fact. I have Friends, Dexter, Sex and the City, and Boston Legal, in their entirety. I also have parts of Mad Men, The Big Bang Theory, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, and Scandal, with plans to complete them as "fun money" and gift-receiving occasions allow. (Also on my wishlist are Everybody Loves Raymond, Blue Bloods, The Good Wife, Parenthood, Dallas, and The Blacklist.) I am now adding How I Met Your Mother to the wishlist. Why? Because apparently the boxed series set includes an alternate ending and I really want to know what it is. (I'm kind of hoping I like it better, truth be told.)

**It seems that pants with bright, bold patterns must be in style this spring, because they seem to be front and center in every sale email I glance at these days. I suppose I am destined not to be fashion-trendy, because, truthfully, when I see them, I think they all look like pajama bottoms.

**It grates on my nerves when someone types the word "ugh" and then proceeds to talk about how excited they are or how much they love something. "Ugh" is a sound of disgust. "Ugh, I just saw that layer of dust lurking on top of my refrigerator." (Hush, you. You have one of those too and we both know it.) "Ugh, a flock of birds just flew over my car and bombed it with bird doo." "Ugh, it's not Friday. It's Thursday. Again." Ugh means NOT pleasing. Maybe you want "ahhhh" or "ohhhh" but for the love of Pete, stop typing a sound that means "yuck" before you tell me about this awesome ice cream place you found or how you just won the lottery. Because it makes me want to beat you with a two-by-four, while screaming "UUUGGGGHHH!!!" (See what I did there?)

**That Thursday thing I just mentioned? Every. Single. Week. I am convinced that it's Friday. On Thursday. At least once, but typically multiple times. It makes me profoundly sad when I realize my faulty thinking. It also makes Thursday my least favorite day of the week. Consequently, it is the day I am most likely to be cranky. (Unless I have Friday off from work. Then, Thursday *is* Friday. Bam!)

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP