Friday, June 1, 2012

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: May 2012

A photo of me:

T and me in front of the Godspeed, docked in historic Yorktown, on the York River.

1) Candle scents this month:
Lilac Blossoms. Garden Sweet Pea. Bahama Breeze. Buttercream.

2) What I am reading this month:
Getting down to the end of Love in the Time of Cholera. Just one "chapter" remaining.

3) Top three songs I was drawn to:
I have a playlist of songs related to the wedding. It's been on a fairly constant loop for most of this month.

4) Movies I saw:
Man on a Ledge - We watched this at T's sister's house, while we were there. Decent movie. Held my attention and I didn't doze off.

5) Favorite tv moments of the month:
"Onward and Upward," Harry's Law - Series finale of this show. Only two seasons. I'm really bummed about this. And I'm sorry more of you didn't watch it.
"Flight," Grey's Anatomy - I have a difficult time calling this a "favorite" and yet it will resonated with me. It was a painful and sobering, but important. It's nowhere the best season finale of this show, or even just regular episode, but some of this acting was too good to go unacknowledged. Part of what is most poignant for me is that this show has been allowed to exist for long enough that I actually get attached to the characters. I wish more shows had that opportunity.
"An Apple Red as Blood," Once Upon a Time - The way they weave this story, even when the deviate from the well-known versions of fairy tales just sucks me in.
"Mother's Day," Blue Bloods - This episode is a microcosm of everything I love about this show.
"Grant: For the People," Scandal - I didn't even multitask while watching this episode. My attention was glued to the tv.

6) Something yummy I made:
I feel like between the heat, an angry stomach, and all the time I spent away from home in May, I didn't really make much of anything!

7) Restaurants where I ate:
Kouzzina (Disney's Boardwalk). Tutto Gusto (EPCOT, Italy Pavilion). Raglan Road (Downtown Disney). Biergarten (EPCOT, Germany pavilion). Yak & Yeti (Animal Kingdom). Narcoossee's (Disney's Grand Floridian). San Angel Inn (EPCOT, Mexico pavilion). The Island Cafe (Yorktown, VA). McDonald's. Wendy's. Arby's. (Can you tell we were on a road trip? Ha.)

8) Five things I am loving this month:
1. Rain on the roof. 2. Disney with good friends. 3. Season finale cliffhangers. 4. The dresses my girls picked. 5. The shower gift T and I received from his sister--so thoughtful!

9) A goal I had for this month:
Choose a baker for the wedding. Mission accomplished...three bakeries, 20-something cake flavors and twice as many frostings and fillings later.

10) This month I looked forward to:
Spending some time with my west coast friends, and five days with T in Virginia.

11) Something I want to be thankful for this month:
All that T's sister has done with the preparations for September.

12) A photo I took this month:

Father of our country.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP