Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturdays Are for Weddings: 24 Weeks

I cannot even believe there are only 24 weeks left until the wedding. That is pure craziness. CRAZY, I TELL YOU.

The details are falling nicely into place, despite the distance. The ideas in my head are translating into reality. This pleases me tremendously. I knew, very early on, that I wanted a healthy dose of originality blended with tradition. I wanted this day to be deeply meaningful, but not cliched. For it to be fun, memorable. For people to be caught a little off-guard, and then nod slowly, realizing they are not at all surprised. And yet there are many traditional elements I want as well.

When I saw my save-the-dates, I *knew* I had to have them. I fell immediately in love with them. Every time I returned to the page, I grinned. They are the perfect little preview to this wedding. (I'll let you ponder that.) A little voice in my head thought people might think they were silly. But then I thought about the people who would be receiving them and remembered that (other than T's family) not a single one of them wouldn't laugh, because, well, they *know* me.

The reactions that came in were perfect. The joy, the excitement...the affirmation that the guest list was well-chosen. I have one on the table next to me, where I sit in the evenings. It still makes me smile.

A wedding reminds you again and again: Listen to your heart.

2 with their own thoughts:

Theresa L,  Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:05:00 AM  

I was so excited to get mine! It was perfect coming from you! :)

penuttpie Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:44:00 PM  

I adore this!! (The new feature and the Save the Date!)

...funny I first typed "STD" and realized that was the EXACT opposite of what I was trying to say!!...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP