Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grace in Small Things 350:365

1. hopefully all this cold weather will succeed in giving us a benefit we don't usually get here, since it doesn't typically get cold long enough to effectively accomplish this: kill off all the germs & other yuck. and hopefully it doesn't last so long that we become shut-in & just start passing crap around *inside* instead, like they do up north.

2. a frost-edged world outside my door this morning.

3. the way sun sparkles on frost, making everything look like a glittered Christmas card come to life.

4. Alan Shore on Boston Legal. one of my all-time favorite tv characters.

5. song lyrics that make me smile.
If you were falling, then I would catch you.
You need a light, I'd find a match.
'Cause I love the way you say good morning.
And you take me the way I am.

If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better.
'Cause I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am.

(from "The Way I Am," by Ingrid Michaelson)


Visit Grace in Small Things

6 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:59:00 PM  

I'm enjoying this cold weather, but only because I don't have to get out in it very much! Hope you stay warm :)

Rachel Friday, January 08, 2010 7:55:00 AM  

You are probably the only person in FL happy about the frost. I would kill for *just* frost right now :)

penuttpie Friday, January 08, 2010 9:42:00 AM  

holy moly!!
dawn, seriously...why aren't we best friends already???
i mean the christmas card twin-ness, the cookbook, and now one of my most favorite songs ever!!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 08, 2010 10:23:00 AM  

Stacy: I love any excuse to stay nestled into my burrow, warm & cozy. ;-)

Rachel: Probably, LOL! But I try to enjoy it for what it is. We don't get this for very long--and these are record-breaking cold temps for us as well, so it's even more rare!--so I try to enjoy it for the fact that it's something different. =)

G: We really do have a ridiculous amount in common! The Christmas cards *still* have me cracking up! We were absolutely destined to become friends, I'm sure of it. =)

Fidgeting Gidget Friday, January 08, 2010 11:55:00 AM  

INGRID MICHAELSON IS MY FAVORITE. Yep, that just reaffirmed the fact that you've got it goin' on. You have a WONDERFUL taste in music! :)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 08, 2010 12:02:00 PM  

FG: Awww, thanks girlie! Missed seeing you around online lately!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP