Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Fiver: April 11, 2008

in regard to my previous post, let's just say that i feel better now, thanks to some sincere & thoughtful words from someone whose thoughts & opinions i respect. you know who you are. =) and so i am going to shake it & move along.



Singing mighty protest songs

1. When were you born?

in the Autumn ;-)

2. What's your favorite photograph?
oh man... i could *never* pick just one. you people seriously have *no* idea how many photos i actually have. and maybe it's better we keep it that way. ;-)

3. What's the longest distance you've run?
i am not a fan of the running. i have done my fair share, but not for very long distances by any means. at least not since i was a kid.

4. What is familiar?
Boston accents. settling into the hug of someone you love. laughing with friends. hymns i've sung in church for as far back as i can remember.

5. What do you count on?
the sun coming up. Heaven. my friends.

5 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Saturday, April 12, 2008 1:31:00 AM  

Oh, but *I* have an idea of how many pictures you have!

Note to all of Dawn's readers: I can be bribed. I make less than the folks who work in the cafeteria. So any and all offers will be considered.

Lisa Carroll Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:41:00 AM  

"I am not a fan of the running."

ROFL Neither am I, chickie... neither am I. ;)

Hey Nichole, I'll be in touch.... ;)

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:18:00 AM  

Nichole: You only *think* you know. You saw how many I *digital* photos I had a little over a year ago. ;-) You don't know how many I have taken since then. Or how many photos I have from pre-digital... LOL!

Lisa: Great minds, girlie. ;-)

Rhea Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:23:00 AM  

How do your store your photos, Dawn? Do you use a website like Shutterfly or Kodak and/or CD backup or thumb drives? Just curious.I'm trying to figure out the best way to store mine...I do use Shutterfly but want another method as well.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:32:00 AM  

Rhea: I have several storage methods for my digital photos. I don't save them to my computer's hard drive (my computer has crashed twice now & it makes me nervous to have them there); I actually save them to an external hard drive, which is nice because they are safer there than on my computer & that also makes them portable! I organize them using Google's free photo program: Picasa. LOVE IT. In addition to organizing my photos for viewing on my computer, I also use Picasa for my other two methods of backing up my photos. There is a tool on Picasa that will back up your photos to CD for you if you have a CD-bruner, and also Picasa has a button that links you to their web albums (much like Shutterfly or Kodak but you link right to it all with the same program) and with one click of a button, they are also uploaded right online! You can check out what it looks like using the link in my left hand sidebar. I love that everything is integrated! You get a bunch of free storage, but... I had to upgrade recently to more stoage... LOL!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP