Sunday, December 26, 2004

Everyone should have 5 minutes...

Brett Favre (photo from www.foxsports.com) Posted by Hello


We talk about our idols & our heroes. We discuss things like "If you could have dinner with one famous person, who would it be?" Hands down, I would have to say Brett Favre. I hear sportscaster after sportscaster talk about conducting an interview with Brett Favre & the comments are all the same: Everyone should have 5 minutes to talk to that man. They talk about talent. They say he's one of the best quarter backs to ever play the game. They say he's so real. I say it's one thing that captures me--and I can sum it up in one word: PASSION. This is a man that has a flame burning so hot within him, who walks out on that football field 16 weeks a year for regular season play with the excitement of a child & the love for what he does written all over his face. Snow. Injury. Personal pain. He shows up & he PLAYS. His attitude for every game makes me WANT to watch. It's more than that though. I am both humbled & inspired by a man I'll likely never even speak to. At a time when I question where my life is going, I heard him speak words that resonate in my mind & help me to summon up yet again strength I had no idea existed in me. The last year of Brett's life has included the death of his father & his brother-in-law & his wife being diagnosed with breast cancer. He was asked if he ever wanted to just sit down & ask "Why me?" He responded with such a quiet strength that it awed me: I'd sit here & ask "Why me? Why us?" but there's no point, it doesn't change a thing about what is. I just have to lower my head & keep pushing through & hope I have enough left for whatever comes next...

I couldn't have said it better myself Mr. Favre...I may never experience the 5 minutes but your impact is priceless.

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP